If Bethesda were to make a new game, would you prefer fallout or elder scrolls

I know a new Elder Scrolls is in development, but if it were up to you, what would you want next, considering both would have new game engines. IMO, I loved Oblivion to death, and I got pretty immersed in the beautiful landscape, and all the quests and the fantasy element. I also liked the idea of playing as different races and non human races. I though, to be honest, Fallout 3 and NV were overrated. To me, calling it Oblivion with guns would be a compliment. I didn't like the gritty brown and grey environment, I didn't really like VATS (aka the ultimate F*** You button as Yahtzee Croshaw would call it). IMO, Kills are much more satisfying if I'm the one behind the trigger and not just watching a cutscene of me firing, and i felt VATS was necessary because your enemy is usually running fullspeed sideways while spraying an automatic weapon at you with pinpoint accuracy and you only have a bolt action that does 50% of the damage that it would do in VATS. I didn't like that there were barely any settlements or people you could talk to. Although, Fallout does have its pro's as well as cons. Overall, I would prefer a new Elder Scrolls game and I'm glad its in development.    

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Elder Scrolls.

Obsidion made the better Fallout.

Elder Scrolls. Fallout is a snoozefest.

I adore both series, but I'd go with Elder Scrolls.

if they added the amount of gore from fallout to elder scrolls, I would have no reason to play fallout anymore

Definitely The Elder Scrolls

If better engine and features are added to Fallout, then Fallout, I'd still need to play The Elder Scrolls IV...

I rather have a fantasy setting then a post-apocalypse setting like Fallout.And as someone said the Fallout 3 game really didnt hold my interest for some reason.

[quote user="Varakharne"]

I rather have a fantasy setting then a post-apocalypse setting like Fallout.And as someone said the Fallout 3 game really didnt hold my interest for some reason.

[/quote]

Resize the picture in your signature. If we stand any chance at keeping the option of posting pictures, we need to post reasonably sized pictures

It didn't hold my interest because of the boring and monotonous landscape. Sure the graphics might be better than oblivion but its like comparing a standard quality photo of a sunset vs a high definition photo of a pile of ****, even though one might have better graphics its still nothing good to look at.

better?