Ideas for DLC/ Halo 4

Well, If you go to the Bungie forums you can find lots of threads/ideas for new maps, weapons vehicles, and just about anything you can think of.

So, does anybody here have any ideas?

At Bungie the main things people want are

1: a new Forge world.

2: new vehicles.

Personally I'd love to see drop ships,(Phantom, Pelican) More falcon variants(Grenade, Troop) Different versions of the Banshee,  land troop transports, (Elephant, Scarab) and sea vehicles( a warthog type boat, and a barge thing to ride on) in a new version of forge world.

I'm going to focus on new vehicles, and leave the other stuff to other people.

This is only a small fraction of what's on my mind, but I don't have time to post more now.

And, please don't put things you know aren't going to happen/are pointless.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Okay, time to post more.

Dropships, Phantom/Pelican

The Dropships would have the same controls as the  Falcon, that'd make them easier to control, they would have to have a button to open and close their troop bays, and a button to land/deploy tractor beam.

When you go inside the phantom, there would be computer consoles in the troop bay for Pilot/co-pilot, and in the Pelican there would be a small passage to the pilot/co-pilot seat.

The pilot would control movement, and the co-pilot would control the heavy weapons.

They would both see the same screen, with an aiming reticule on it (this way the pilot would be able to tell where their co-pilot was aiming) T

he Phantom co-pilot would control the concussion cannon (it'd lock on to air targets) and the pelican would have  chaingun and rockets (like the H3 hornet) they'd be able to do the same amount of damage in the same amount of time so it'd be (somewhat) balanced.

Players would be able to walk around freely in the troop bay while it's flying.

Both Dropships will be able to have their troop bays open in flight.

The Phantom would have it's two side mounted plasma cannons, and the Pelican would have it's rear facing turret.

We'd be able to put spawn points inside both.

We don't really need a Spirit with the Phantom, and It'd be a lot harder to make.

Elephant/Scarab Troop carriers.

The Elephant was very good in H3, but it needs some work for reach.

First of all, it needs a roof(to stop Banshee bombs) preferably with a landing pad to accommodate a Falcon or a Pelican. This time, It'd be Forgeable, so we can put it where we want it.

It also might need a speed boost to make it as fast as a Scarab.

The Scarab would be pretty similar to the Elephant function wise.

The Multiplayer Scarab would not be able to shoot Fuel rods out of it's mouth, but the tail/turret would still work.

The tail/turret would be controlled by somebody other than the driver.

Instead of having a landing pad, the Scarab would have the Anti-Aircraft Tail/Turret  that can lock on to aircraft, but can't be pointed at the nearby ground.

The Driver would have a button to make the Scarab sit down(like when you destroy it's legs) and you would be able to destroy it's legs to force it to sit down.

It'd have the same number of plasma turrets as the Elephant has MG turrets.

If you spawn one land carrier, you have to spawn a second one(It can be any combo, 2 elephants, 2 scarabs, or one of each), or the variant will not be playable in custom games.

The Scarab will be able to chase and hit the elephant with it's fuel rod turret, but the Scarab's legs can be destroyed. They will move the same speed, either the Elephant will be faster than in H3, or the Scarab will be slower than in H3.

Sea vehicles.

The boats are pretty self-explanatory, one would be just about exactly the same as a warthog, except water capable, and the other would be a floating, drivable flat plate.

The barge would be able to carry a warthog, and other vehicles of similar size, along with a few people.

You would be able to put turrets on top too.

It'd have a big bullseye on it for banshee pilots. (not really)

We don't really need Covenant versions.

Falcon/Banshee

Same thing for the falcons, pretty self explanatory. Everybody wants troop and grenade variants for custom games/forge. However, giving the pilot a cannon like in campaign would probably be a bad idea.

I've also seen something about a Flamethrower Falcon, and that sounds fun to mess around with.

I'd like to see a classic version of the banshee too, not really any different, just one that looks like the old Halo banshee, for people who prefer it that way.

/ideas. I hope multi-posting like that helped make the wall of Text less intimidating, and if you don't want to read all that, just read the first post.

I would like to see some new Firefight maps, as the last update did'nt  offer much for the Firefights at all.

A 5 seater transport Falcon like in campaign but let the passengers fire their weapons.

First person view while driving vehicles. Make the Scorpion slightly larger, gruntier and an absolute beast to drive so that the thing feels like a Tank when driving and  people  wont mind that the Turret now has its own gunner.

Be allowed to choose between a Spartan II with shields or a Spartan III with active camo. Have Armour pieces that are more than cosmetic and slightly add to weight/ defence etc. So Spartans not only look different but play diiferent too.

S-IIIs use equipment that is carried in the laft hand at the expense of being able to scope with the weapon in the right hand. Possible equipment could be Thermal camera, target locator, jackal shield, motion tracker.

A  mission pack where you play as a more vulnerable Marine squad member fighting human rebels. Once completed, you unlock the abilty to play through from the Rebels perspective and see their propoganda and what motivates them.

Human building set in forge world so that human bases/ maps can be made.

Ability to call in support when the player wants it instead of at scripted points. This could incluse weapon/vehicle drops, Marine/ODst reinforcements, artillary support, air support etc. These could be limited and dependant on the missions objectives or secondary missions from previous levels. ie If you havent destroyed the AA gun then air support is unavailable or if you failed to rescue the gun crew from a previous mission then they're not available to provide artillary support.

That'll do for now but remember, thats only my wishlist so be grateful that I dont make video games.

i actuallly love the idea for sea vehicles. if you have all seen forgeworld, then you know that there are several areas that could be used as launch points for boats/ transports to reach an island. just have turrets and anti vehicle stationary pillboxes on the hillsides in the island overlooking the beach where the boats and stuff would arrive.

[quote user="MayhemsShadow"]

i actuallly love the idea for sea vehicles. if you have all seen forgeworld, then you know that there are several areas that could be used as launch points for boats/ transports to reach an island. just have turrets and anti vehicle stationary pillboxes on the hillsides in the island overlooking the beach where the boats and stuff would arrive.

[/quote]

I know right? That would let us use so much more of forgeworld! 

Another thing I'd like to see is the option to just change all the water into land, so we can make effective use of the land troop carriers(Scarab/Elephant) because otherwise there wouldn't be that much land to put them on.

loba...you can do that by just putting the blue grid and/or just putting hard platforms just over the water....

[quote user="MayhemsShadow"]

loba...you can do that by just putting the blue grid and/or just putting hard platforms just over the water....

[/quote]

No, I mean an object that fits perfectly into all the water areas and covers the entire level. All around the island and out to the point where you can't go any farther. And it'd be green land, like the rest of forgeworld.