I've never played an online game that's so dependent on connection to do well.

One match I look down my sights, immediately look at my target, and die before I get a shot off. I leave, go to another match, do the same thing, and go 20-5 or something along those lines.

I get that this is an online game and lag's unavoidable, but that's just unacceptable. How well you do in-game is determined by how well you're connected to the host.

/362ndthreadonthissubject

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="OrdealByFire"]

One match I look down my sights, immediately look at my target, and die before I get a shot off. I leave, go to another match, do the same thing, and go 20-5 or something along those lines.

I get that this is an online game and lag's unavoidable, but that's just unacceptable. How well you do in-game is determined by how well you're connected to the host.

[/quote]absolutely your right, the higher the ping is in a match the worse the game becomes to the point the game becomes unplayable, i always just leave a match when that happens an ALWAYS search for a 50 ping match, thats the only way to play this game

You must not have played GoW.

Jagriff beat me to it. The lag in CoD is nothing when compared to the GoW series.

[quote user="OrdealByFire"]

[/quote]

It's a shame isn't it? you would think that a dozen Call Of Duty games would have at least taught them how to make lag compensation a fair technical solution to the online connection problem.

I had a great Internet service and my ping was a 5 and always was placed in 75 to 100 pinged games.  Hmmmm weird right...

In order to be "taught" something you need to be willing to "learn". The only thing Activision is willing to "learn", is how long you can keep keep churning out the same ol' stale, broken POS and watch your revenue climb with each itteration. It's like a social experiment and we're the monkeys. Peolpe have been complaining about COD for years, yet each one sells more than the last. Black Ops 2 will be just as broken as MW3 yet I'll be willing to bet my left testicle that MW4 will be their best selling title yet. What motivation does Activision have to improve the game, much less improve their servers? It's like the old adage "If it aint broke, Don't fix it". And that's the exact message the COD community is telling Activision by buying these games in droves. Me included. That's why I've let my account go to silver. Why am I going to churn out $55 dollars a year for Live, just to play broken MP games full of lag and losers with modded controllers? Not to mention all the previous COD's that are unplayable due to hackers and modders. They don't care......so why should I? I'm not jaded with gaming.....just the online MP component. It's a broken-down joke not worth 50 cents, much less $50 dollars. I'll spend my time enjoying all the great SP experiences like Darksiders 2 and Borderlands 2. Call me when you figure out how to fix the garbage.

^^ Fail example to a point.  The TA games have in my opinion been perfectly playable going back to at least WaW for me.  Some people don't like the WW2 setting from back then, or complained of balance issues here and there (MP40, Famas) but I've never been as enraged playing WaW or BLOPs as I have with MW2/3.  Im sure, however, BLOPs2 will be a little stale from launch even with the updated time period.  It is afterall on the same engine.

I like your experiment example though.  That said, I won't be buying IW's next game with out some stellar independent review and probably a rental or two on my part.  But I will certainly continue purchasing TA's games because stale or not, I've always found them fun, liked the map design in almost all cases (including DLC across both games) and appreciate the quick support on the fly when glitches happen.

I'm with you GHOSTECHOSEVN. I wanna be a part of the solution and not contribute to the ongoing problem. However I challange you to go and play WAW for 5 minutes and come back here and (with a straight face) tell me that it's "perfectly playable". It's a predictible pattern and as good as BlackOps is "right now" it'll be hacked to death as soon as the money from BlackOps 2 is safely in Activision's pockets. And MW3 won't be too far behind. The past almost always dictates the future and I have no reason to believe MW3 and BlackOps won't suffer the same fate as COD4, WAW, and MW2. My arguement was more MP vs. SP. I can go back and play Ocarina Of Time on the N64 and it's the same masterpiece now that it was in 1998. The AI isn't flying all over the map in god mode, killing  me with care packages that spawn out of their wrists. I'm tired of COD. I'm tired of spending $65 on a game that's full of lag, modded controllers, and rules in place that basically encourage people to play every game mode exactly the same way...........get kills so your self esteem can grow. Meanwhile the game will be hacked to death in a year and wash, rince, repeat.

The problem that most people have with "lag" in the recent Call of Duty games isn't really lag. It's just poor gunfight mechanics along with inconsistent hit detection. There is so much randomness in this game that gunfights are ridiculously downplayed. It's not whoever has the better connection; It's whoever is not sprinting or ADS first. Seriously, go put on Stalker and hard aim every corner. You will win just about every "gunfight" you get into. I do just fine in every game, even with a European host.

If you don't believe me, go play some MW3 offline. Whether it be LAN or split-screen, the same problems with the hit detection are still present. This is the main reason that competitive COD has fallen off the map.

Good points JAGRIFF. Funny thing is....you know these things but yet Activision, TA and IW either don't (which I find impossible to believe) or just don't care. To me, every game in the series should have been a "learning experience" and after 7 games and billions of dollars, this franchise should be sharpened to a fine point and yet here we are...wishing the game could be so much more. And people will be on these forums 2 years from now complaining about the "same 'ol same 'ol" in BLOPS 2 and MW4. That's why I'm jumping ship on MP gaming. I love it but I'm tired of spending money for a gold membership and games with 3 hour campaigns that amount to nothing more than a bad case of deja vu, and a MP that's plagued with problems now and unplayable a year later.