I've heard that Activision has decided to disallow BC on CoD

Is it true that Activision has forbidden any and all Call of Duty titles on the Xbox 360 to become backwards compatible with the Xbox One? If so, that sucks. Also, it's a harbinger of a Call of Duty collection.

With Microsoft's recent announcement stating that all future Games with Gold titles will become backwards compatible, I can't help but draw the conclusion that no Call of Duty titles on the Xbox 360 will ever become free Games with Gold, which also sucks.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I think it's probably for the best. Although CoD has an active community in its older titles (me included at times), the older titles can be plagued with hacks, mods and exploits that the developers simply don't support pass the initial couple years.

Bringing it to Xbox One could spread that. They'll probably make a collection of them anyway.

If the older games weren't known for cheating and hacking they probably would have allowed them.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

If it is true then knowing Activision it's because they want to churn out a remastered collection at some point.

Personally I wouldn't play a COD game again even if it was free with GWG,unless it was COD2.

^^ I agree. I loved CoD2 but I still think CoD3 had the best MP.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

I could care less about Call of Duty, that's Activision's loss then. I heard major publishers like EA, Ubisoft, 2K, etc will support BC on Xbox One, but not Activision. So in the end, blame Activision, not Microsoft. Plus Sony can have that dying franchise.

They'll just figure out some way of selling them all over again...

Are you really surprised by this activison in it for the money not the fans

The rampant modding and cheating in the older titles has not helped it's cause, if anything I would be blaming the cheats as well as the devs for not supporting the old games.

I also couldn't care if they do some kind of remaster because I would never buy it.

Boycot anything and everything Activision.

Cheating on COD, or any game has ziltch to do with them not allowing BC.

As for money... Don't buy their products and they'll likely reconsider thier dicissions. Or maybe not..

I am sure their are enough gullible gamers out there to keep them rolling in the cash.

The only 3 worth playing is cod4, WAW and MW2. Thats if they did their jobs and got rid of hackers