I'm wondering....

....what would this beta (and full game) be like if the developers removed the K/D ratio from the epilogue screen at the end of the match...and replaced it with arm/disarms/captures/assists, dying/killing on or near the objective, medkits dropped, ammo dropped etc etc etc....y'know, the important stuff.....why just the K/D, if this is rush?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Same here. I think the K/D thing was a poor choice. Objective Scores would have been great or maybe PPM?

I think that's a great idea but with the mentality of todays "gamers" it would never pass as something they would like. They are so driven by the K/D that nothing else matters. Great idea though.

hard to win, when your team is playing TDM.....on defense, we got pushed to the 2nd set of MComms....and literally the entire team save myself and 1 squadmate just ran outside to play frisbee in the park (to spawncamp the attackers I guess)....too bad the entire attacking team was already inside the subway, while the noble defenders were outside playing disk golf

K/D is a useless even misleading statistic in an objective based, teamwork oriented game like Battlefield....

[quote user="II PARALLAX II"]

K/D is a useless even misleading statistic in an objective based, teamwork oriented game like Battlefield....

[/quote]Welcome to the new world of FPS games, my friend...

well...it could be a good thing for defenders...the better a defender is, the more kills they should have, right?

I think it should show:

Kills - Arms/Defuse - Total Score

-

Getting kills in this game DOES matter. You can't win a game of Rush by just running in, not killing anyone and arming the MCOM. I think deaths should be removed though. Show it in the personal stat breakdown afterwards, but not in the lobby.

extra points should be awarded for dying/killing on an objective.....if you kill an opponent inside the capture range of a flag in BC2...you get flag defense points

[quote user="II PARALLAX II"]

extra points should be awarded for dying/killing on an objective.....if you kill an opponent inside the capture range of a flag in BC2...you get flag defense points

[/quote]

Right? I consider myself to be an average solo player, but a better than average team member.  theres plenty rounds wher I bust my hump keeping guys from flanking or defending the guy arming, only to get nada but a s***ty K/D score. 

exactly....while defending for example....I stay near the mcomms.....my opponents would say I'm camping...but then so would my frisbee loving teammates

-

it makes sense to lay an ambush in a narrow corridor and what not, but if there are multiple approaches then a reasonable force needs to babysit the objectives too....removing the K/D or atleast minimizing it's importance..and more richly rewarding objective offense/defense actions would encourage more objective play