I'M THE DOVAHKIN!!!! A little respect please.

Twice in a row I liberated some holds for a faction that I sided with. Twice they gave me some crappy 50 Gold Piece armor as a reward. I immediately dropped it on the floor. Those jerks. If I could, I would kill them for the insult right there. I could conqurer the whole country by myself if the game would let me and they give me this cheap junk! I'm head of the mages guild, assasins, fighters and thieves. I've got armor made from the bones of dragons I've killed and they gave me a hide shield. Losers.

Really I would like these games to take my status into account when giving quests. You would not ask a US senator to go fetch you the class ring you lost. Don't ask the head of every major institution in your country to go do menial tasks. When you do ask him a favor you had better be ready with the good rewards (money, land, swag, women [or men] if you prefer). I am the single most powerful being in the land. You should be doing my bidding. GRRRR 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

"You would not ask a US senator to go fetch you the class ring you lost.".

What's the problem with doing that?

haha yeah the AI is reeaaaaallly low in this game.  Some of the lowest AI I've ever experienced in an RPG.  Oh boy...I'm about to get slammed again.  BRING IT ON!! :p

Ok, I might ask, but I would fully expect to hear him say "NO". It was a poor analogy. Perhaps Nero or Hitler (for the power he weilds, not the genocide) would be a better comparison.

The only thing that annoys me is, despite joining their cause and fighting for them, the bloody stormcloaks still talk down to me for being an Orc. One day though i'm gonna activate berserker rage and just massacre the bleedin' lot of em

I love how many of the quests amount to bringing stuff to somebody else. Start a pony express, people!

I'm pretty sure senators are there to serve the people.

It's like when I had this lovely conversation with a Jarl.

(Paraphrasing of course)

Me:  Okay Jarl, the dragon is dead.

Jarl:  You saved our land and countless lives Dragonborn. I can't thank you enough.  You rock.

Me:  Aww shucks Jarl.  

(I turn to leave)

Jarl:  NOW DON'T BOTHER ME AGAIN WITH YOUR TRIVIAL PROBLEMS, I HAVE A HOLD TO RUN!

Me:  huh? : (

You mean the AI is restricted to it's programming limits and does not react like a real person... WOW!

There are multiple combinations that players could achieve when doing these quests, you really think that Bethseda could make a reaction for every combination of being Dragonborn/Archmage/Listener/etc for every quest in the game. 

But the AI in Skyrim is about as dumb as it gets.  Ehh, it's not a huge beef of mine, just an observation.  

Not talking about the smartness of the AI one bit. the OP is mad that the game doesn't tailor every detail based on his character's status. sadly this is not the first time by far I seen people complain that the AI in games are not ungodly realistic.

As for the example you use, that is not dumb AI that is just dumb luck. The "do not bother me" comment is not part of the dialogue of the quest it is just one of his general environmental responses that your presence may trigger. All that happened was when the quest dialogue ended you triggered a general comment and that is what was picked. That is all, the random number generator just so happened to fall that way - just dumb luck.