I'm confused with Halo 4? *SPOILERS*

I'm a little confused, can some one please explain the following for me:

1. I thought Humans were descendants of the extinct Foreruners, how is it that they were at war with humans?
  2. How was Cortona able to sheild master cheif from that explosion!?
  3. When the Didact is speaking after the credits, does this mean he is still alive and is going to return?
  4. After the credits, Master Chief is having his armour removed... does this mean he is relieved of duty? (He did ignore orders).

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

[quote user="MR MCTUFFY"]

1. I thought Humans were descendants of the extinct Foreruners, how is it that they were at war with humans?
  3. When the Didact is speaking after the credits, does this mean he is still alive and is going to return?
  4. After the credits, Master Chief is having his armour removed... does this mean he is relieved of duty? (He did ignore orders).

[/quote]

1 - No, the human have no relation to Forerunners like that. Very different species with a lot of history.

2 - The most popular explanation is she used the light bridge as a shield. She was in the system of a Forerunner ship that showed to have manipulative surfaces and so on so a million reasons could be used tbh.

3 - Maybe, maybe not. Could be a speech he made to the Forerunner council and just played during the scene.

4 - Del Rio was removed from duty after the Admirals found out he left MC behind. He's likely having it taken off since he's had it on for the last 4-5 years now.

[quote user="Static Jak"]

[quote user="MR MCTUFFY"]

[/quote]

1 - No, the human have no relation to Forerunners like that. Very different species with a lot of history.

2 - The most popular explanation is she used the light bridge as a shield. She was in the system of a Forerunner ship that showed to have manipulative surfaces and so on so a million reasons could be used tbh.

3 - Maybe, maybe not. Could be a speech he made to the Forerunner council and just played during the scene.

4 - Del Rio was removed from duty after the Admirals found out he left MC behind. He's likely having it taken off since he's had it on for the last 4-5 years now.

[/quote]And just to expand a bit..

~

1. Actually, the modern day humans actually ARE descendants of the Forerunners. The ancient humans who were extremely technologically advanced were in a war with the Forerunners. While the Forerunners thought the Humans were trying to expand, the truth was that they were running from a "parasite", as the Librarian put it. This parasite was the Flood, and with the Forerunners significantly depleting the human population, they were weakened and unable to defend themselves from either enemy. When the Flood outbreak grew too strong, the Forerunners had no choice but to activate the Halo array and destroy all sentient life within the galaxy. But first, they collected enough DNA and genetic material to recreate each race after the Halo's were fired. This is explained in the first episode of Halo Legends. As the Librarian then explains, humans were given certain genes directly from the Forerunners, and that very special set of genes was passed on for thousands of years until finally Master Chief was born. With this gene, the Librarian was able to manipulate something within Master Chief's genetic code which made him immune to the effects of The Composer. That's why he wasn't turned into a big pile of ash.

~

2. Yup, my theory was that she somehow manipulated the light bridge to protect Master Chief. Exactly what she did or how she did it is uncertain. Maybe we'll get an explanation at a later time from 343.

~

3. I'm pretty sure they just used him as a narrator over the scene that was playing. Kind of like at the end of Reach when Dr. Halsey is explaining the fate of the planet and how Noble 6's actions were so crucial to humanity's survival. We saw the Didact die. Even a Forerunner can't handle a grenade being detonated basically inside his body and then falling into what looked like a pool of massive amounts of energy.

~

4. If you notice in the background of that cutscene, a lot of the Spartan-IV's are also having their armor removed. It's not uncommon for a Spartan to have their armor removed if they're returning from a mission, or in this case a war. It certainly does not mean he's retired. If that was the case, they would have made it abundantly clear that this is the end of Master Chief's story.

I imagined Master chief kinda stinks right now the dude had the armor on since Halo 2.  Probably we will see him in new armor considering how beat up it is.  

Wow thanks guys, thats answered a lot. But if the Didact is dead does this mean that forerunners are no longer a threat?

I mean if one survived can we assume that their are more? if not, who's the next fight going to be with?

Also what does "reclaimer" mean?

Didact wasn't really a forerunner anymore, after he modified himself to be flood resistant. All the forerunners are gone but I suspect Didact will come again.

I think the reclaimer is supposed to reclaim the "mantle of responsibility. Basically the chief is the prototype for humanity becoming the most evolved being in the universe and responsible for its safety.

Ok I think I understand, so is master chief the only reclaimer or are all spartans reclaimers?

He takes off his armor because thats what they do after every mission or so.but the minute they started  takeing off his armor i knew the next time we see master chief he'll be rocking a new and more up to date armor.i cant wait.