I'm confused about Xbox Video on Windows 8....

I'm confused about Xbox Video on Windows 8 and wanted to clear a few basic things up before I dive in and make some purchases.

If I buy something from Xbox Video on Windows 8 do I need Xbox Gold membership to play it on my Xbox?

To play it on another Win8 computer do I need to sign in as the same user in Windows or is there a sign-in option just in Xbox Video?

Once downloaded can the file be moved onto my network to accessed from other devices? By which I mean when my Media Center PC records TV shows I can view them via Airplay on my iPad over our home network - is this possible with Xbox Video files?

Can I burn the downloaded files to DVD for viewing anywhere?

This is all sparked by my desire to watch season 2 of Falling Skies which isn't available on DVD or LOVEFiLM until July. When I go to buy the download it on my Windows 8 computers it says "Available for this device, Xbox 360" beneath where you select HD or SD - what does this mean?

Thanks for any help! :)

Cheers

Robin

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:
  • You don't need an Xbox Live Gold Membership to use Xbox Video.
  • You do need to use the same account that you used to purchase it however.
  • You can sign-in to the Xbox Video app with a different account than the one signed-in on the PC.
  • You won't be able to view the videos on your iPad, you'll need to use a PC or Xbox.
  • You won't be able to burn the files to a DVD.
  • That's telling you where you'll be able to view the TV episode/Movie after you've purchased it.
Microsoft Movies & TV Team

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.