I'm at that point where

I am getting ready to reset to 5th prestige and at this point in the game I already have diamond camo for shotguns, gold for 2 **** rifles, gold for 4 smg's and I'm about halfway done with all pistols.  So I was thinking about when I reset this time instead of unlocking another create a class, I would instead reset everything and start all over again.  The thing is I don't want to unless you at least get a callsign or symbol or something.  So do you get anything?  I plan on switching over to league play when I hit 10th so I will not be playing regular game modes.  What do you guys/girls think

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You don't get anything if you reset everything.

Xbox Ambassador | Xbox Forum Moderator | Xbox MVP

You get the Eraser calling calling card if you perform a fresh start,I did it a while back, back up 8th again nearly now.

What Eyeball said.

That's cool, but I wish I had the time now days to reset after I hit 10th, maybe when bo4 hits I will be done with college and have some more time.  I was just wondering if you get a call sign if you just reset your guns and equipment, every time I prestige I see it as a selection but I always use it on an extra custom class setup.  

You can just delete everything off your hard drive for the same effect

I have the eraser and no one notices much so its pretty pointless haha.

[quote]You can just delete everything off your hard drive for the same effect[/quote]

I thought that a players online profile (rank, unlocks, etc) were held on Activision main servers...  so to prevent players hacking them as the file is never actually accessible by the player?

[quote user="ukjonas"]

[quote]You can just delete everything off your hard drive for the same effect[/quote]

I thought that a players online profile (rank, unlocks, etc) were held on Activision main servers...  so to prevent players hacking them as the file is never actually accessible by the player?

[/quote]

It is. I deleted everything BO2 off my hard drive when I stopped playing it for a while and none of my stuff has reset.

Think that guy is taking the p*ss.

The offline rank file serves as a sort of backup file for your stats. If that file is not present and you played Black Ops 2 online before, it'll download the copy stored in Activision's servers.

I'm just messin'. I'm just alluding it to deleting everything off your hard drive. It's odd. If people loose all their data on their hard drive because of a malfunction or server problem they go crazy, but it's okay if the game does it for them.