I'm a little confused...

So it's illegal and bannable to rent a game, burn it and play it on your Xbox 360...but they let people that violate release dates set by the companies that release the game get away with playing early? I know street dates aren't an actual "law", but it's almost like Microsoft is just letting people who work at video game stores slide through the cracks, even though they're clearly breaking some kind of law....not sure what it would fall under, but that's beside the point. You mean to tell me it's ok to violate a rule set forth by the publishers...and often times, "steal" (which is a felony) the game and play it online with no punishment, what-so-ever, but it's not ok for someone to burn a game they PAID to play from say, Blockbuster, and play it on their Xbox, which at BEST is a minor piracy offense which is a misdemeanor....and you ban their accounts? Just seems a bit oxymoronic to me that people get punished for breaking some of the sillier Xbox ToS rules and those who actually break the law go unpunished. You'd think MS would atleast attempt to assist the publishers (EA, in this case) in sorting out people that obtained the game early through unconventional means and get them suspended from XBL/PSN or atleast from the game servers. Just my opinion, anyways. ><!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

And the reason I posted this here is, well, kind of obvious. Supposedly there are already a lot of people playing it.

People pay FULL price for a game, they can play it whenever they want. Renting is NOT buying.

Still, I think 'some' action should be taken to discourage this kind of stuff. Like MS/Sony locking an account until the person shows a proof of purchase or atleast rat the person/store that they got it from. MS gets pretty anal about a lot of stuff, so how would that be considered extreme? :/ Still just confusing lol

Because it's not a problem...

a hot far guy

I remember back in the days of Sega and Nintendo, if a store broke release day they risk having either the publisher or console maker pull its products form thier shelves.

In todays world of internet and being very easy to hide behind some online screen name, is it really worht the time and effort (cash) for a publisher or console maker to trake down who is playing what early and where they got it. As for those who are logged on playing online, EA may view it as "ok so a few got their games early, we can use them to test the servers."

I remember homefront was active for people playing or releasing info early, but I think thier problem was alot of the stuff comign out was bad news. Luckely most of the info about BF3 seems to be good

I just think the process of the ToS needs some intelligent insight added to it. Xbox 360, the console that boasted it was for the hardcore gamers, is now almost as PG as Disney. Can't have a dirty word in your profile, can't talk about ***, can't talk about drugs..it's hypocritical. It's ok to talk about alcoholic beverages, which kill more people than THC-related products (not saying the word lol), and if you have said word in your profile, it's a CoC violation. So....it's ok to steal, break a publisher's rule and to "GAIN AN ADVANTAGE OVER OTHER PLAYERS" by ranking up sooner and getting achievements (think about that one, Xbox, with your crackdown on people "cheating" for unfair advantages to their OWN profile). I, from a moral standpoint see no harm in anything I was saying, but from a logical standpoint, I'm absolutely dumfounded. I don't care if people have early access, tbh. But when it comes to them being able to rank up sooner and unlock achievements, I think measures should be taken. Might just be me, but that's why I made this post.

Don't let jealousy get the best of you because you know damn well that you'd be playing it if you had copy..

@Funkin wacky - Nah, I'm not getting it. Was just surprised out all the people that were playing it lol. I'm a Duty fanboy and I don't hide it at all. And even if I could get an early copy of MW3, I probably wouldn't play it tbh, unless the multiplayer servers were running, as I don't care for non-RPG single player games. But I get your point.

It too difficult to track down people violating street dates. Sure it say that they played it on their profile but it's not fair to punish the consumer for violating a street date when he/she may have not had knowledge of the release. There is a hefty fine for any company that violates street dates so you probably wont see anything from big companies (excluded services like Amazon day and date delivery that sometimes goofs up) but it really doesn't hurt anyone. Unlike buying used the Devs and the Publishers still get their money all of it.

Well, I think Ron Paul should be made head of Xbox Live ToS Logistics when he loses his bid for president this year. He'll legalize everything and punish only the severe offenders. xD