I wish they would make a Mass Effect movie

Seriously, I wish someone would take the time to produce a Mass Effect movie. Honestly, the plot is absolutely phenomenal, and I'd really like for more people who aren't familiar with the series to be able to know the story. I often want to experience the entirety of the story over and over again, but hardly ever have the time to play all the way back through it. It could be just like the video game, in which there are a trilogy of films a la 'Star Wars' style. The only downside being that there would be only one fixed story per film, unlike the game wherein specifics of the plot change with every playthrough. I think it would be very successful, especially considering how incredibly climactic and triumphant the endings were for the first two games. Some of the greatest conclusions to any video game I've ever played. It would be epic.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Who'd play Shepard? The producers would have to get someone relatively known and has an actual resembelance to Shepard, or the ME fanboys will not approve of the movie.

Also it'd be nice to see Tali's face.

I have a picture of Tali's face somewhere...lemme go check IIRC she is pale and full of nanites BRB

I cant find it but here's a pic of the woman who voiced her,she is epic fine.

[View:http://i47.tinypic.com/33cnl8z.jpg]

There's already one coming soon. Apparently a prequel, but my info can be wrong.

I think Val Kilmer, Bruce Willis, or Harrison Ford might do a pretty fair job of playing the part of Shepherd (anyone but Nicholas Cage, God how does he keep finding work?). These are just suggestions though off the top of my head, if I think of someone better upon further thought then I'll mention them.

But if you want someone who looks pretty strikingly similar to the face on the box art of the original Mass Effect cartridge, there's one guy in a commercial for a new iPad-like tablet wherein he gets into a spaceship upon holding the device and plays some flight simulator game, and he looks almost identical in my opinion with the shaved head and all. As well, I think this guy from Scrubs with the shaved head has a pretty good likeness.

[quote user="JohnRomerosHead"]

But if you want someone who looks pretty strikingly similar to the face on the box art of the original Mass Effect cartridge, there's one guy in a commercial for a new iPad-like tablet wherein he gets into a spaceship upon holding the device and plays some flight simulator game, and he looks almost identical in my opinion with the shaved head and all.

[/quote]

Here's the guy I'm talking about, and it's the Verizon Motorola Xoom commercial. I actually thought this was a preview for the Mass Effect movie when I first saw this commercial.

My Shepard was African American and Asian.So much for default ehh.I think my second PT I made him into a woman.

You would probably end up with someone like Christian Bale playing Shepard.

I would like to see it done right, but would it?  Most video game movies are terrible.

[quote user="Elite Rampant"]

You would probably end up with someone like Christian Bale playing Shepard.

I would like to see it done right, but would it?  Most video game movies are terrible.

[/quote]

But that's because most of the video games made into movies never really intended on having a plot in the first place. Super Mario Bros., DOOM, Tomb Raider, none of these originally had very stellar plots to begin with but because of their popularity were transitioned into movies. I must admit though, I still like the Super Mario Bros movie, hehe.