I was "deranked" ?

So, I purchased an xbox about a year ago with the game Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. We have the second one for ps3, as well as black ops, and I am a fan of neither - so I simply wait out out the CoD franchise until MW3, and have been having fun with the game.

Anyway, I typically leave any lobbies where I hear grenades launchers streaming, I move at ridiculous speed, or get plucked up into the air (simply because I do not find them to be enjoyable). Alas, After a rough nine hours of homework, I was exceedingly bored and decided "What the hell, I'll just *** around". As luck would have it, I jumped up in the air and was derping around - I would just 360 this and that, flip on night vision, swap weapons, and all the jazz, and then aim in a general spawn direction and shoot.

After about five minutes, to my amazement, I saw an X pop up in my screen - wicked luck, 10 360's and a no scope lands. I'm sitting there, "Jajajaja, waoowww" and laughing to myself. And then I see in red text, "2.5614 e^10" - assuming red means bad, I immediately force reset the Xbox and turned it back on. Upon loading the multiplayer section, it reads my account as being "level one, private first class"  though I have my four M40A3 & one .50cal custom layouts still editable, with all guns and perks, etcetera, choosable.

The game modes read "You must achieve private first class" along the lines to play this game mode.

So, is there ANYTHING that I can do to fix this? Or since cod4 is the only game that I play on the xbox, should I just cancel the subscription and sell the xbox?

Funny enough, it was the best and worst shot of my CoD career >.<

-Kohes 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

I'm sorry to here about that but i think you shouldn't get rid of your XBL because it is not their fault! Seeing as it is the only game you play, it is almost like a fresh start so why not go for it again! Always look on the brightside!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

once its gone,its gone,sorry,you'll have to start from the beginning again

Sorry this didn't help.

To me it sounds like the lobby may have been modded, usually when you kill someone and you get a number appear with an 'e' in it, it means its pushed you up (or in this case, dragged you down) by a VERY large number. (Such a big number that an 'e' has been placed to represent a certain amount of numbers). If I were you, I'd get in touch with the game developer, since they're the ONLY ones who can do anything about it. Xbox/Microsoft cannot do anything about level resets in CoD games etc.

Sorry this didn't help.

Please guys, the post was made in 2011.

Sorry this didn't help.

2.5614 e^10 modded lobby, on a PC version this could easily be fixed with a simple program.

Don't be greedy and only get enough kills you need to rank up man.

And usually its the -2.37e^'s that make you de ranked.

Sorry this didn't help.