I was charged twice, why?

If this is not the correct place to post this, please direct me to the correct ventures... 

Hi, I was having extreme troubles with XBL last night (1/09/2011) so after hours of frustration trying to fix the issue, I stopped my automatic payments. After a short while everything was back to normal so I renewed my account. My original expiry date was 2/09/2011 and after adding a new renew my expiry date was 2/10/2011. Last night I was charged 10.34 CAD, and tonight was I charged another 10.34 CAD and to me this makes no sense. Because if I was to just leave the account alone last night, my expiry date would have been the same yet I still should have only been charged once. To me, I was obviously double charged and I want this fixed. If anyone can point me a direction in getting this fixed, preferably not involving phone calls, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

For billing issues you have to call support. They are the only ones who handle billing problems.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

xbox likes to steal peoples money, i suggest taking the credit card off and staying away from this for awhile until the random bans and money being stolen stops

Sorry this didn't help.

What probably happened is the automatic payment was going though at the same time you were making your purchase. You can stack up to three years of LIVE time at once. If you want to dispute this, call up phone support (support.xbox.com/contact-us). Otherwise, the time will stay on your account and you won't be charged next year. So really it's up to you, but my feeling here is you will get two year's worth of time here.

Sorry this didn't help.