I was able to download cod black ops map pack until 99% after that it says can't download map pack???

I live in American Samoa US territory in the pacific so I'm not sure if we are included in the US region. I emaild xbox support regarding my downloading problem and they gave me a "supposed to be" solution for my problem. They asked me to ask a friend of mine that lives in the mainland US to download the map pack using my gamertag on their console. My friend was able to download the whole thing and confirmed it to me. So I went to my download history and tried to download the map pack to my console and I was able to download up to 99% but after that it says can't download the map pack???? I dont know if this is a region error since we are a US territory and if our physical address is included to US region. Also I'm just wondering if I ask my friend again to download the map pack to a flash drive using my gamertag and then send the flash drive to me, would I be able to use the map pack on my console for my online game? Plz help

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

well it doesn't work to US territory you need to be physically in continential US

you probably missed the part where you actually need the usb drive mailed to you

in theory you could have your friend recover your account (be sure its a trust worthy friend) and then download it onto a xbox formated usb drive then have it mailed to you that way you don't have to mail twice

however you may have to do a drm transfer if you want to play it offline

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If I buy a xbox 360 sandisk 8gb flash drive and ask my friend to re-download it using my gamertag and send it to me would I be able to play those map packs on my console down here in my location? Im not interested with offline, I just wanna play the new maps online w/ my friends. Thanks for quick response.

Sorry this didn't help.

yes but you may experience other issues

(i don't know what they are because i'm not outside the region of my account)

i'd say contact support via phone

Sorry this didn't help.