I want to talk about Mass Effect 4.

I have been really wanting to talk about Mass Effect 4 lately. I wanted to do so because we've all speculated, thought about, discussed and tried to imagine the future of the Mass Effect franchise and we're not even at Mass Effect 3, yet.
With that being said... (I stopped right here and spent 2 hours finishing L.A. Noire, don't want to spoil it for you all but shocked at what happened)
But back to Mass Effect 4...what could it be? David Anderson's younger years? Does Mass Effect: Deception possibly set the stage for Mass Effect 4? Could it be possible we assume the role of Kahlee Sanders or possibly Gillian Grayson and carry on doing our part in the galaxy? What would you like to see?
Of course we all will entertain ideas and speculation of The First Contact War or possibly the Krogan Rebellions. I think that would be some awesome game ideas. We've all read forums and talked on forums about games like that....but what do you think will be Mass Effect 4?
Would it even be called Mass Effect 4? Or would it be titled like the books and be "Mass Effect: (Insert Title)" Such as perhaps Mass Effect: First Contact or Mass Effect: Krogan Rebellion or something like that.
What do you think?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

What about, what is it they call it, The Scillion Blitz or something?  I dunno, but the possibilities are limitless, needs to be a multiplayer game though, in my opinion...:-)

FPS or TPS about the First Contact War would be fantastic

I could see a Mass Effect MMORPG in the future, as the ME universe could do quite well as one imo. A FPS about the First Contact War would be nice... maybe somehow incorporate the raid on Mindoir/Skillian Blitz/Raid on Torfan as well perhaps?

I'd imagine the first game after ME3 in the ME universe will probably be a coop centered game as a lead in to a mp (possibly MMO) game.

also deception takes place before ME3.

Having dog fights in Starfighters would be awesome for the next ME like they did in Halo Reach.

Side-scrolling platformer... really old school. You play as a Salarian Plumber and your goal is to just make it to the end of the game before your shortass life span makes it to it's end. There could be a Krogan Princess to save along the way and you jump on the heads of cute little Geth characters.

The next ME game after ME3 WON'T be a MMO (imo) for two very good reasons.

1. BioWare would not want to detract any attention whatsoever from SWTOR so having two sci-fi based MMOs doesn't make financial sense.
  2. In spite of what we think, ME doesn't have nearly enough fans, or worldwide recognition to sustain a profitable MMO.

I have no doubt ME4 will be MP, but it'll be co-op or competitive.

I agree completely with you Schuey19 in regards to Bioware building a Mass Effect MMO on both reasons. It wouldn't make financial sense to support both MMO's when the Star Wars one has more than enough fans to sustain it. Regardless of how we feel personally about Star Wars vs Mass Effect there was WAY more people out there who want to deliver a Jedi @@@ whopping with a lightsaber than want to shag an Asari broad and then shoot up the place lol

With that being said....I hope they make another story game eventually. I'm sure they will put out some sort of FPS MP Co-Op game with all the usual bell's and whistles like Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, etc.

I hope that they start another trilogy and another FPS RPG like the last 3 have been because I honestly want to feel connected to that universe and not shut out with a simple side-scroller platform game or MP shooter.

I think it would be neat if the Reapers had a relay that connected to, oh, say, the Andromeda Galaxy. Opening up a new galaxy to explore would be one of the few ways they could top the original trilogy.

[quote user="Nick Of Troy"]

FPS or TPS about the First Contact War would be fantastic

[/quote]

A FCW game would be lame. Wasn't it only 2 or 3 battles?