I want to get into the Multiplayer

Ahem...so like the title says I want to start getting into the Gears MP mostly i just play Gears for the Campaign but im kind of getting tired of the FPS MP and need a little change...here is the thing I absolutely suck at the Multiplayer and was wondering if there are any tips and advice anyone could give me. I don't have a lot of friends who play Gears because they say it is garbage and only play those FPS they say Gears is repetitive (but that is for another time). 

Thanks.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Just play.

Ha Simple answer...okay...dunno sometimes i just always feel there may be things im doing wrong and there is a better way to do it.

Changing your stick movement speed helps a lot when you see a target you can quickly point your shotgun at him and kill. If you want cheap easy kills use SOS and retro.

Most of the time i try not to get that up close and personal with people i mostly use my Lancer far to medium range and just gun down. Im not that skilled in close combat like that and i mostly like the Gnasher because well i have an accuracy issue lol.

WOW okay yeah i suck big time. Just played a couple games of TDM and OMG i am horrible i may even be the reason my team lost. Lots of shotgunning going on. Is this a game where you need a good team to win? Because it almost seems that way. I kind of wish there was a game type for levels like if you are level 21 like myself it puts you in a lobby with people around that level....IDK.  

Shotgun has and will always be the go to weapon in this game. Just keep practicing with your shotgun on guardian where kills don't matter also lancer isn't the best rifle in this game. Retro and hammerburst are better imo

You are right i always hear that shotgun the most it is funny. Now i think i may know for some part why i am failing a little. I bet when people are spraying with the shot gun they don't zoom in do they? Thats what i do and i think that is why i fail because i was playing Campaign and i was shooting the locusts and Wrenches with Gnasher without zooming in and found i could move easier while doing this. I also have my sensitivity for turning character and the other one at i think 15 or something like that (pretty fast) and the zoom i think i just have on 10 or something. Eh its like a lot of things i just have to practice even though it is a challenge with people who have been playing Gears MP longer then me. Do you think going into a private with just BOTS will help practice too?

Thanks.

[quote user="M3gaToxic"]

You are right i always hear that shotgun the most it is funny. Now i think i may know for some part why i am failing a little. I bet when people are spraying with the shot gun they don't zoom in do they? Thats what i do and i think that is why i fail because i was playing Campaign and i was shooting the locusts and Wrenches with Gnasher without zooming in and found i could move easier while doing this. I also have my sensitivity for turning character and the other one at i think 15 or something like that (pretty fast) and the zoom i think i just have on 10 or something. Eh its like a lot of things i just have to practice even though it is a challenge with people who have been playing Gears MP longer then me. Do you think going into a private with just BOTS will help practice too?

Thanks.

[/quote]

You don't have to use a shotgun in every instance, even if everyone does. I use a variety of things like rifles and pistols. 

-

Stick with teammates in games, don't ever lone wolf. Party up with friends if possible. 

Yeah gears seems like that game where if you lone wolf you will die really fast. I try to stay with teammates as much as possible. I don't really have a lot of friends who play gears. Like i said the ones i talk to a lot hate gears.

Thanks for the Tips.

I'll add, don't get intimidated when you go up against the high ranking players (like high red or blue ranks). Some have boosted to get there. Rank means nothing in GOW3. Have fun when you play. When playing KOTH and capturing a ring, run around in a circle with your lancer going. It's makes for a fun time and you can get some hate mail from some of the try-hards. :)