I want to buy this, except,,,

I've read all of the threads pre and post patch. I was going to buy this tonight mainly due to me being sick of cod. I gather there's still bugs, are we at the stage where buying this acceptable given the problems? With mixed reactions it's hard to tell.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

If you are going to get it anyway, I'd say get it and deal with the semi-stable game.  But if you don't feel like dealing with a game that is months released before its time, wait til a few more patches because while the game is incredible when working can be more frustrating than rewarding.

From my own experience with Battlefield 4 I wouldn't recommend anyone buy it now. Sure when you can connect to a game and it's running well it's a fantastic game, a lot of the time though you just can't play properly, or even play it at all. Even the SP player there's loads of people reporting issues, losing their SP saves.

Obviously it's your money lol but if I knew then ( when I purchased it ) what I know now, no-way would have I handed over my cash.

In my experience, it's very playable and the issues are far far less frequent than they were on day one. Based on my experience, I'd recommend it. It's a stellar game when going awhile without a crash.

I would recommend it too, for me the issues were annoying pre-patch but honestly post-patch the game hasn't crashed - not even once.  I don't know about SP but IMO it sucked anyway, BF is multiplayer.

-

After the patch the only problems I have is occasional sound issues, and joining game issues (although hit it another time or 2 and it works).  In my opinion this game is truly fantastic.

Overall it's very good.

64 players online at one time is uncharted territory and sometimes it might take 5 minutes but I've always been able to get a game. 

At first I had a bit of trouble getting into parties and games with my friends but eventually I figured out how it all works and so did they.

That doesn't mean it's always 100% perfect and it would be nice to simply log on and have a game immediately happen but it's very good and I'll be picking up the Premium version of this on the strength of what I've experienced so far.

Az

Thanks for your opinions, I've bought it and played for a few hours hassle free. Haven't touched the campaign, when I do I'll be aware that the save might vanish.

Also, it really is a good looking title and it runs quite smooth.

From someone who can relate to you (being tired of COD), this game rocks. I know it has some issue but at least they are being fixed, slowly but surely. But when you play this game, its not a deathmatch...it's a war. Forget the KDR and goofy points. Its about running and taking out the tank, flying a group of men to a roof top, pointing out snipers in the distance, laying mines around entrances, taking a group of men on boat to the beach shores and storming a base, yeah much bigger than COD. Plus most conquest matches....20 to 40 minutes depending. Such a better experience.

If you plan to buy it anyway, I'd recommend trying to get a copy of the limited edition(comes with China Rising which would otherwise cost $15) while some are still around. As of a few days ago Best Buy still had them available for site to store orders. Which is how I got mine.

The latest patch made things incredibly stable.

Now I see all the servers, if you join a full one you see where you are in the queue and I've been able to play with multiple friends in Party Chat with voice working.

Picked up the Premium pack today and am really enjoying myself now.

Az

indeed this game is amazing now it's stable if anyone thinking about getting it go buy it