I want BF3 to be bad. ( to most people )

First, does everyone forget the month or more it took to iron out the kinks in BC2? Now it's silky smooth and a dream to play. I have confidence Dice will attend to there baby and see it through. They are not gonna just let it be a janky mess full of glitches...and if they do...you can quote me and make fun of me later...until then, I put my money on the side of Dice.

Secondly, I hope it does not "De-throne" the Call of Duty. I prefer a game that is not rife with generic brain dead 12 yr olds calling everyone a "Fa883t" and "Nagr". Why would we want that??? No way. No thanks. I will go back to BC2 for that matter. No sweat off my back. I want a game that may be a bit too complex for most kids. I want a game that takes a while to get used to. I don't care about graphics as much as gameplay. I want a developer to use the Beta to figure out the glitches. I prefer a game that may take the developer a while to fine tune once the public starts playing it. Kudos to them for putting in the effort.

They could just put the game out perfect in there eyes, not give us a chance to help make tweaks,and then just forget about it...but I don't think that's what they or any of the true Battlefield fans want. Let McDonalds, Walmart ,and COD appease the generic masses. I hope BF3 is lame......to most people.

You want to make your complaint worth the effort it took to type it...go post on the BF3 beta forums kiddo's

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

i hope its very good and that this beta was just a poor choice. I have been looking forward to this game for a while, and Im a realist..there is no way one game that is completely different style and pace wise can dethrone another. That only happens in fanboys eyes. Im not going so far as others and cancelling my pre order based off a bad beta. But Im not nearly as confident as I once was. And I dont see how DICE reps can honestly believe that they will take out COD.

... I want it to be good. Im running out of tolerance with xbox games.

You got what you wanted. This game is extremely bad.

[quote user="KING FROG"]

Secondly, I hope it does not "De-throne" the Call of Duty. I prefer a game that is not rife with generic brain dead 12 yr olds calling everyone a "Fa883t" and "Nagr". Why would we want that??? No way. No thanks. I will go back to BC2 for that matter. No sweat off my back. I want a game that may be a bit too complex for most kids. I want a game that takes a while to get used to. I don't care about graphics as much as gameplay.

[/quote]

Since, it seems they kept the squad set-up from BC2. You most likely not hear the whining 12 year old at all.

I think you can hear everyone on the team.

I think what King Frog is saying is that he wants a more specific game geared towards a specific kind of gamer. Sure, some people may not like it and that, while not great economically for Dice and EA, is AWESOME for us. Homefront is a perfect example of a company *** with a great formula trying too hard to please all FPS gamers. Frontlines had 50 player maps, drones, spawn on squads and captured objectives, no overpowered weapons, HUGE maps, jets, copters, tanks...etc.

Homefront pooped the bed on almost all of these points by making smaller maps, rewarding kill streaks, reducing the importance of vehicles, reducing the importance of large scale battles in favor of small quick skirmishes. When people played MOH I heard a lot of fear talk about how that game was a test field for Dice to figure out if they could make BF more COD friendly. I would rather the games try very hard to NOT one up each other, but instead to not give a rat's a55 about each other and just go do their things as well as they can. Let there be a bigger difference between the two. Run further away from each other.

Either that or it's going to be like Republicans and Democrats. Basically the same idiots saying different things, hating on each other, but in reality they all do the same crap, with the same results.

i thought that MOH was freaking awesome. I loved fighting in a rich enviornment with battle tactics that arent effective in your average run of the mill shooter. I still have trouble understanding why people have such a negitive opinion about MOH. The BF3 beta has bugs, but you know, those bugs will be EASY to fix, and the game is already fantastic. Its difficult to ID your enemy- This is true to life. You cant tell uniforms untill close anyways- and as for the flashlight attachment- FREAKING BRILLIANT. IMO the Beta map is a perfect idea, beacuse it gives you a feel for CQB, Open Combat, Destruction 3.0, Day and Night conditions, on top of phenominal texture quality and graphics build. I say release it now, and let me play the s**t out of it while they work on fixing the bugs. that way it will be on par with just about every xbox360 game ever released ;)

MOH,Was a good idea imo,I liked the whole idea of the game and its setting but i thought the map layouts let it down big time.I don't know why it did'nt work but it just did'nt.I do however have faith that BF3 is gonna be a very good game.The Beta has its problems and would really have liked to see a map with vehicles of some type on there,i have been enjoying it for what it is though,Getting a little bored with the one map now though.I don't agree with some peoples idea that the final release is gonna be as bad though,I think you just need to play with an open mind,and have a little faith that all will be fixed in a month or so.

Yeh, let me clarify.  I think BF3 is AWESOME. Even though I prefer bigger conquest style maps with armor, I think what Dice has done here is really great. Feels very tactical and smart. Glitchy? yes. Will they fix it? yes. Will everyone stop playing call of duty? no. Do we want them to? no.

This game is gonna be much more complex and therefore will need much more patching and tuning post release but I am in for the long haul because I see what they are doing...not blinded and ignorant thinking they should make it perfect before a bazillion people start stressing there servers and code to the limits.

Battlefield will hopefully never "de-throne" COD less it becomes LIKE COD....I don't want that.