I Suck without an Energy Drink

I have a little refrigerator in my apartment with Monsters all through it and just noticed I suck when I don't drink one before playing. It's kind of annoying to come to this realization because it means the energy drinks give me an edge that I wouldn't have otherwise. After some searching, it seems all of America is ingesting some form of caffeinated beverage, but I just haven't noticed the impact on gaming until now. So my question is: What are your thoughts on energy drinks (or any other stimulants) while playing video games?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Oh, I did bad because I didn't have an energy drink.  Sounds like an excuse for sucking.

I like drinking Irn-Bru every so often when playing... I usually just drink Water though.

@Elite Rampant: An excuse for sucking? I don't understand why you'd even respond in such a manner. You could have just said you don't feel as though stimulants give you an edge, but instead you took the as*hole response. Let's try to be a little bit more mature than that.

I don't drink any drinks that have caffine in them for health reasons.  But when I did use to drink caffine I didn't see much difference in my game play.  

I gave my honest opinion.  That's what it sounds like to me.  And it was you who said you sucked so I was hardly name-calling.  A-hole?  Who's mature now?

I could understand avoiding caffeine for health. It's not the greatest thing to be drinking to begin with.

just wondering what game is that ???

It could be the types of games I play as well. CoD is the only one that I've noticed a difference on when not having an energy drink alongside it. I can't really speak for the other games as I never notice too much of a difference, but in a fast paced shooter it seems to definately help.

It would only help me if I come home from work late. I drink energy drinks when I, you know, need energy. No offense, but I think people who drink energy drinks walk around with them and flash 'em as if saying, "I'm drinking monster/redbull, I'm such a BAMF".

@IsaacClarkeSNL: None taken. I don't exactly have any Monster t-shirts or memorabilia. I just truly feel as though they give me an edge. I made this thread to see opinions on the subject of gaming and stimulants. I guess we could talk about how they make people appear when drinking them, but that is of little importance to me. You know what I mean?