I still can't play original xbox games

I did most of the trouble shooting items listed in the stickied thread.  I did not test the hd but I did clear the system cashe, deleted content with a !, cleaned the disk and restarted the system.  I don't have another system to check the disks on.

I think I"m runnign the latest version, should I really try & delete & redown load an update?  it seems as tho the update to run old xbox games would have been old.

What game are you trying to play? 

Phantom crash & Battlestar Galactica

Is it a disc or downloaded version? 

disk

What type of console are you using? 

XBox 360

What size HDD are you using? 

I have a 250HD installed, it was a 4gb when I first bought it.

What error code or message are you receiving?

"Game Error   The game couldn't start. try downloading the game again.  for more help visit  ...."

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Hey mate, from where did you purchase the HDD?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It seems a lot or people still wish to play original   xbox games on the 360

Note not all games are compatible

This a link of backward compatible games

support.xbox.com/.../play-original-games.aspx

This has worked for me

Fist connect to xbox live put a original xbox game in your 360 , download the emulator for free this will take just a few seconds this should work for you

Sorry this didn't help.

Be careful about downloading the patches to load ordinary Xbox games because some have bugs in them and they cause a number of problems and one of the problems causes the Xbox 360 to freeze when an Xbox 360 game is being played in single player.  That happened to me when I downloaded a multi-patch to play GTA III, GTA: VC and GTA: SA.  Everytime I wanted to play GTA 4 my console kept freezing in single player minutes and sometimes seconds after I started playing it.  When I was playing TLaD in single player I had the same problem where TLaD is connected to GTA 4 when you play TLaD as the downloadable version.  When I deleted my game save from GTA 4 everything was fine apart from me having to delete what I did it GTA 4 and luckily I had already got 100% otherwise I would have had to start the game again.  

Two other problems while playing ordinary Xbox games with the Xbox 360, first we always get logged out of Xbox Live so we can't chat to our friends in a Party Chat and also the ordinary Xbox games have no achievements.  When GTA: SA was added to the Marketplace, even though it was changed to load in the Xbox 360, you still get logged out of Xbox Live when you load the game and there's still no achievements with that game.

Sorry this didn't help.