I stand corrected...

I've posted a couple of threads about how something was "off" with the weapon accuracy and hit detection. I thought that something was wrong with the game. The fact is, it was me all along!

My problem was when I would go head-to-head with someone I'd usually get owned. The technique I was using was spraying from side to side in the hopes that if the person moved around I would be able to get them as they were moving. The problem was, in most cases they weren't moving and I'd be missing hits. Now when I go head-to-head with someone I focus all my fire on one spot and work my way up to their head as quick as possible. I went from barely going postive to getting a k/d ratio of 2.0 or better for most matches.

I made this post for several reasons 1- to say I was worng, and 2- to help those out there that might be struggling.

The other thing is, since, IMO, no one weapon is perfect for every situation I've been using Overkill. I use one of the **** rifles and the MK 48 with the variable zoom. It's basically like using an automatic sniper.

I hope this helps anyone who might be frustrated think that's there's something wrong with the game when in fact it's most likely their loadout and/or technique.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

The hit detection really is bad though. Because of it, I can't stand to play this game for more then 30 minutes. It's just to frustrating.

It depends on my connection at the time. Sometimes concnrtating aim on the guy works best, sometimes strafing is the only way I can kill him

I tip though, I strafe by moving my guy back and forth raher than aiming back and forth. It gives them a hardre target to hit.

I can't seem to hit everyone while they are head glitching as well.

[quote user="DREAD SHOCK"]My problem was when I would go head-to-head with someone I'd usually get owned. The technique I was using was spraying from side to side in the hopes that if the person moved around I would be able to get them as they were moving.[/quote]

head glitching is absolutely frustrating, one tip use the FMJ attachment it works incredible!

I'm going to have to start using FMJ.

Fmj, long barrel, laser with an smg.

what's head glitching?

Yeah, I'm not saying the hit detection is perfect, just better than I had originally thought. One of my friends got a headshot from shooting someone in the nuts....SOO...there are still times when I have those WTF moments, BUT, at least now I feel as if I have a fighting chance.

[quote user="DREAD SHOCK"]

what's head glitching?

[/quote]its when you can only see a players head EX: when someone behind a barrel an you can only see there head