I play games, girlfriend does not. Help pick a game we both can play together!

Hello all! 

I am an avid gamer, primarily PC MMO but also have a 360.  Dating a woman for almost five months now, and she does not play games.  At all.  She has tried to play Modern Warfare 2 with me, but she has a very hard time with the controller- moving, looking, aiming, etc.  We tried co-op Lego Star Wars Complete Saga, but she could not pick up the gameplay and controls well.  She did play Plants vs Zombies solo, and she seemed to enjoy that sort of.

Can anyone recommend a game that we both can play together that is not too ultra violent, but easy enough for her to pick up and the both of us can play?  Thanks in advance for any and all good suggestions :)

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

On demand are two DDR games , on retail stores i got DDR Revolution for $3.00. The new DDR of kinect looks cool but not enough to make me buy a kinect.

Say, do they still make DDR for the Xbox 360?

Actually, the Kinect dancing games would be even better now, huh?

[quote user="DanteSparda504"]

[quote user="Uyuyuy72"]

[quote user="CrazyMvM94"]

Try either Lips

[/quote]

now that you mention that ...what do you think is a must buy Karaoke rev or lips? any help with this question will be appreciated.

[/quote]

I enjoyed Lips more than I enjoyed Karaoke Revolution, however the best vocal experience is on Rock Band. It's the most fun, yet also requires the most skill. On top of all the songs available for it.

[/quote]ty Dante for answer. Now that are cheap i'll give them a try. My daughter is tired of DDR Revolution.

Lego games are almost always a sure bet.I would give her a helpful hand on the controls and you will unleash the beast inside your girlfriend.

[quote user="Arael"]

Surprised no-one mentioned Portal 2. It's an excellent blend of gameplay, length and humour.  Though you'd have to have plenty of patience (both ways) as splatter death would almost be a given!

[/quote]

Well, I've played Portal 2. You're right, it's a great campaign game, and the co-op is an excellent addition.

However, my own gf has watched me play Portal: Still Alive, and it made her dizzy just trying to comprehend the movements. Given that the OP has already mentioned that his gf is having difficulty grasping the controls for Lego Starwars, I don't imagine she would have much luck with the Portal series; with all the constant changing of directions, perspectives, and of course dropping portals in precise spots with precise timing.

Hence, why I didn't bother suggesting it. lol

Borderlands.

all i gotta say

Surprised no-one mentioned Portal 2. It's an excellent blend of gameplay, length and humour.  Though you'd have to have plenty of patience (both ways) as splatter death would almost be a given!

[quote user="Grizzly Bear"]

Just dump your girlfriend

[/quote]

LoL

My gf and I have played some fun games together like Crash Bandicoot (Mind over Mutant and Crash of the Titans), and (on the Ps3) Little Big Planet. Both games are great singleplayer, but also work great a co-op games (allowing you to unlock things that you couldn't by yourself).

Of course, if the Lego Starwars games were too much for her, you may want to try something like an arcade title, such as one of the many boardgame style games out there (Uno, Family Game Night, etc).

And of course, don't rule out the idea that maybe she's just not into gaming... You don't have to share EVERY interest with your partner. It's great that she's willing to play games with you (especially if it's not really her thing), but maybe you two should find some other kind of mutual interest. There are lots of things my GF likes to do that I don't. And vice versa. It allows us to have our own personal space once in a while. Which is a good thing.  Hehe

$0.02

Oblivion.

[quote user="Uyuyuy72"]

[quote user="CrazyMvM94"]

Try either Lips

[/quote]

now that you mention that ...what do you think is a must buy Karaoke rev or lips? any help with this question will be appreciated.

[/quote]

I enjoyed Lips more than I enjoyed Karaoke Revolution, however the best vocal experience is on Rock Band. It's the most fun, yet also requires the most skill. On top of all the songs available for it.