I paid 800 points for Doom now i can't play it because its been removed. =/

Ok so back in 2008 i purchased 800 MS points to in turn get my favorite old school FPS DOOM. I usually jump back and forth to this game when i get bored with my other games.. Well today just so happen to be a day when i needed to play some DOOM, but found out it magically went missing from my hard drive.. I searched my hard drive for a solid 10 min trying to figure out what happen to it.. I even checked my achievements for doom just to make sure i wasn't dreaming of playing doom on xbox360. So i called xbox support, and told them my story.. There response is that considering the fact that i purchased DOOM back in 2008 the time window for a refund or even an exchange for doom 2 wouldn't be possible, and that i would basically have to take a lose for it. I know for a fact DOOM was loaded on my xbox360, because i have a huge hard drive. No reason for me to manage space on my xbox. I have no idea how it went MIA on my xbox. I don't feel like it is fair that i paid for a game, but only got to rent it for 3 years or so. I was under the assumption that the content i purchased was mine to use for as long as i am able to play it. Now that DOOM is off the market place there is no way for me to re-download it. I suggested to the service rep on the phone i would be happy to have doom 2 in exchange, but guess that wasn't possible.. The more i think about this the more upset i am getting. I already pay xbox enough every month just to play online, and then i have to pay extra for content just to have it yanked away from me. I might call support back tomorrow as i am starting to feel very upset about it. Considered calling the local news about it, but i figured that would be a bit extreme. I'll give Microsoft one more shot to either fix it or give me a good explanation as to why i have been cheated out of 800 MS points.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

Any content you download can be re-downloaded from your Download History on the Xbox 360 Dashboard or Xbox.com.  On the Xbox 360, just press the Guide button, go to the Settings tab, select Account Management, then select Download History, and look for your DOOM download.  On Xbox.com, click here to see your download history and you can queue downloads to your Xbox 360 console.

Regardless if content is removed from the Marketplace, if you have purchased it, it should remain available for re-download in your Download History.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.