I need XP !!!

I dont know about the rest of you?But i miss having to level up by earning XP.. XP keeps me going,working harder to level up.Seems like with XP its alot better while playing.Like in Fallout 3 etc..when you stop getting XP the game seems to loose its touch without it.Whats your take on the new level up system in Skyrim?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I love the new system actually...I find it a lot easier to level up in skyrim than in oblivion

Lol?

It might be the same developers but The Elder Scrolls is not Fallout. I'll take this system any day, primarily because it isn't as quick to pick up and casually play as Fallout is, nor is it as simple. Don't get me wrong, because I don't mind the way Fallout does it, but this is more complex and a hell of a lot more interesting.

Plus, if you like seeing those numbers pop up, just remember that everything you do increases your skills, and you don't stop earning EXP until you use only maxed out skills, and that maxing out all your skills (therefore earning no EXP) takes a long time.

For spells, do you get XP every time you cast, or only if you are in a combat situation?  For example, can I just stand in town and throw fireballs at the wall to get points in Destruction?

[quote user="seaker42"]

For spells, do you get XP every time you cast, or only if you are in a combat situation?  For example, can I just stand in town and throw fireballs at the wall to get points in Destruction?

[/quote]

Spells in restoration give you xp everytime you use it.

For Destruction spells, you have to hit your taget in combat for the xp.

The system works fine. If you maxed some skills work with others until you reach the lv cap.

[quote user="Bird125"]

[quote user="seaker42"]

[/quote]

Spells in restoration give you xp everytime you use it.

For Destruction spells, you have to hit your taget in combat for the xp.

[/quote] False. You have to heal damage to get Restoration experience. That's why every single Restoration leveling glitch out there has the character, or another character, getting hurt. Equilibrium + Healing spells, Destruction spells used on Hadvar + Healing Hands, A healing spell and the blizzard at High Hrothgar. They all involve you, or an NPC, getting hurt so that you heal damage. Its not like oblivion where you can just cast Restoration spells all day long and level it up. It only levels up if you heal damage.

What about Conjuration leveling?

From what I've read, it only levels if you summon something in combat, or cast Soultrap on something. If you're in combat and summon a bound weapon, or armor, or a creature, it'll count. If you do so out of combat, it doesn't. I think that there's a glitch though, that you can cast Soultrap on a dead animal repeatedly and it will keep counting.

I NOTICED MY DESTRUCTION GOES UP WHILE IM HUNTING...I HUNT WITH MY MAGE POWERS INSTEAD OF USING BOW AND ARROWS...........

I love the new system.  You level up by improving your skills.  You improve your skills by using them.  I don't miss XP at all.