I Need Help With The Xfinity App, Please.

I'm trying to setup the Xfinity app and I keep getting errors and time-outs when I enter my information. Is there another way I can set this thing up? Also, it's probably worth mentioning that the Xfinity website, Xfinitytv.comcast.com, is also not working. Has anyone else gotten it to work?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Yeah - Comcast seems to be working on these issues. I was able to get in only by going into the guide and that's after attempting 10 times to sign in with no success, but once I exited, I wasn't able to get back in. I got a server down message, which is new to the frustrating process.

I just tried it and got the following message:

Setup Error

"We were unable to activate XFINITY TV on XBOX 360. Please try again in a few minutes. If you continue to have issues, please visit http://xfinity.com/xbox for more information"

I'm not sure if this is the same issue you're having, but it appears to be down for the moment.

I just tried it again and got a different error message:

Authentication Error

"Error601 resource key not found"

[quote user="StanleyStutters"]

Setup Error

"We were unable to activate XFINITY TV on XBOX 360. Please try again in a few minutes. If you continue to have issues, please visit http://xfinity.com/xbox for more information"

I'm not sure if this is the same issue you're having, but it appears to be down for the moment.

[/quote]I was getting this earlier and now its "Error601 resource key not found."

[quote user="Puma Kane"]

[quote user="StanleyStutters"]

Setup Error

[/quote]I was getting this earlier and now its "Error601 resource key not found."

[/quote]

I just got that one, too. I'll try it again later on tonight hopefully they get it working.

i got stanley's error too

You guys might be able to help me understand this. What's the point of this service? If you have comcast already then you have access to this exact same stuff on your TV anyways right?

[quote user="UnyoBro"]

You guys might be able to help me understand this. What's the point of this service? If you have comcast already then you have access to this exact same stuff on your TV anyways right?

[/quote]

I'm not sure if it's all the same or not if it is then I'll never use it. HBO Go on the other hand has a much larger library than HBO On-Demand offers, however Xfinity doesn't allow their paying customers the option of using HBO Go on XBL. I'm hoping Xfinity on XBL offers more than Xfinity On-Demand because if it doesn't what's the point of it and why doesn't Xfinity allow us to use HBO Go on XBL?

You can only get On Demand through Comcast if you have one of their set-top boxes.  For those on cable-card solutions, (Tivo, Centon, HDHomerun, etc.), you lose out on any On Demand content.  Hope that helps.

It makes sense to use this app if you want to watch on demand in a room that doesn't have a cable box, or has one of the free non digital boxes. That way on demand can be watched in another room, also it can be watched in HD on the xbox if you have the digital non-hd box from comcast. (Its a way to watch free hd from comcast as well.

IM GETING CODE 7002 WHAT IS THAT