I Need Help Getting the Update to Download

I have been playing Bad Company 2 since December 2010. And everytime I star tthe game up I get prompted to download the massive 1.1gb update. I have tried everything to download it. But I continue to have problems. Normally, I am given the option to "Change Storage device" to download it to my USB Flashdrive. But with this update, it doesn't have that option available. It always tries to download it to the internal memory thing that came with the Xbox 360. Does anyone have any ideas how to get it onto a USB Flashdrive? Can anyone help me? Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:
  • Did you clear your cache?
  • Did you format your usb flash drive so it's compatible with your xbox?

I suggest that you delete things you don't need from the internal memory of your hard drive or move things to your usb drive. After that, download the update for the game.

If I want to download an update for CoD (any of them), I have the option to "Change the Storage device" and download it to something else. but with Bad Company 2 1.1gb update it says "Memory Unit" and it is greyed out. And yeah, I ahve done the following and it still won't download it. Any other ideas?

Do you have enough space in your internal hard drive for the 1.1gb update?

No I don't, it is only 250MB. I can't afford a $200 harddrive, so I got a USB Drive that was 8gb for $10.  But I have plenty of space on the USB Flashdrive though. No one can seem to figure out why it won't let me download it.

A 250mb hard drive?!  Did I wake up in 1998?

[quote user="Eggnogga"]

A 250mb hard drive?!  Did I wake up in 1998?

[/quote]

It's the old arcade xbox.

@Zombyfied85, I would suggest that you purchase a refurbished hard drive. Since the new xbox uses a different hard drive casing, the older hard drives should be cheaper. For instance, GameStop currently has a refubished 20gb hard drive for $19.99

Thanks for trying guys. I went to my local GameStop to try and find one, but the cheapest used harddrive was $75. And that is a used one. I guess things very my state or region.

Yeah people probably called up game stop to see up much they would receive for  a 20GB hdd.  I laughed and hung up when I called.  Think they offered me $15 like a year ago.  So I kept it.

[quote user="Zombyfied85"]

Thanks for trying guys. I went to my local GameStop to try and find one, but the cheapest used harddrive was $75. And that is a used one. I guess things very my state or region.

[/quote]

You can try buying one online from GameStop's Website or you can try Amazon, etc.