I need help, FAST.

Today,I redeemed a 3 month gold membership card and  tried to play GTA V. Seems like a pretty normal thing to do on Xbox. But something was different, something was wrong. When I picked the storage device that held all of my GTA data (which was a formatted USB stick) it said that I haven't even downloaded the game yet. Thinking that it just needed a refresher, I restarted the Xbox, opened up the game and it said the exact same thing again. Worried about my game data, I checked my storage devices in the Settings. It said that it had 24.7 GB left of 40 GB left (which is what it said before) but when I checked out the data, it showed nothing. It was working perfectly about 2 weeks ago, on the last day of my 6 month gold membership. 

But, I did something about 2 months ago that might of caused this. 2 months ago, all of my game data was saved onto the Xbox's hard drive and at the time, I really wanted the free game of the month, which was Gears of War: Judgement. I however didn't have enough space on the hard drive to download the game. But then I realized that I got a 40 GB USB for Christmas. So, I formatted it and the I moved most of the game data from the hard drive to the USB. Again, this might of caused this, but I'm not sure.

Does anyone know for sure what might of caused this and how I might be able to fix this?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:
Answer

Hello,

I don't think your Gold should affect the USB stick.  It could be that your profile has just glitched which may not be too big an issue.

I've had success with the following steps:

1. Remove profile - SETTINGS page (far right from home page), select STORAGE, then find your profile and remove.

2. While in you hard drive under GAMES & APPS look for any red or yellow icons with incomplete or unknown.  Delete them.

3.Clear System Cache - SETTINGS page, select STORAGE and highlight a drive but don't select it.  Press Y and select Clear System Cache.  Agree when asked.

4. Be Patient - turn your console off for a full minute.  This assists in resetting the console.

5. Turn on the console and download your profile - it is the icon next to 'create a profile'.  Try to play again

If you still have issues please feel free to contact me or come to the ambassador chat room.

Good luck & happy gaming

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.