I must have a problem...

I decided to pick up FA:NV Ultimate Edition again for another couple of playthroughs. After re-installing it to my Xbox (I had deleted it earlier) I started another game. About 10 levels later, I was doing the quest 'I Put a Spell on You'. When I attempted to board the train to disarm the bomb, I found that my access was blocked. I double checked and I knew that this was the point I was supposed to disarm the bomb.

I decided to uninstall, delete, and reinstall FN:NV. After playing some more, I ran into more glitches. The most annoying of which is the Legionary Assassins running away while shooting at me (It's really funny, but it's kinda game-breaking.)

I decided to see what was up and recalled that I had not been prompted to install updates either of those times. Could someone help me?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

The Ultimate Edition will likely come with the patches, you won't be prompted to download them.

As far as the other glitches... NV isn't the most stable. I hope it isn't too bad : ) People's experiences tend to vary quite a bit.

[quote user="Machiniman15"]When I attempted to board the train to disarm the bomb, I found that my access was blocked. I double checked and I knew that this was the point I was supposed to disarm the bomb.[/quote]You never are actually able to disarm the bomb. It's always "too late" for the hero.

What? I disarmed the bomb in every previous playthrough!

Hmm. Every time I play I step through the door and the train speeds away.

I've never disarmed the bomb so I don't think it's a glitch

You can defuse it if you only listen to Cpt. Curtis, if you take the time to kill him the train leaves....boom!

First time I played I failed quest. Since then, every time I listen to Cpt. Curtis relay transmission, dialogue ensues, I take him down, then loot, run straight to train, input code to deactivate and never fail.

Once you hear Curtis relay info to Legion, if you decide to do something else, then sure you will fail... so even if you have dialogue with Curtis, and choose that dialogue option "I have clearance for catching spies" once you taking him out, you can loot to get deactivation code off him, head straight to train by entering garage doors on lower terminal part of McCarran, head up escalator to train, choose to input deactivation code when prompted, you should be fine.