I liked the ending. *Spoilers*

And I'm pretty sure I'm not indoctrinated. The only thing that kind of bugged me was *** when the Catalyst took the shape of the kid who died on Earth in the beginning. *** Half of the game felt like Shepard's battle with pedophilia, but it can still be forgiven. It was gritty, dark and most importantly it had a psychedelic science fiction aspect to it. I think the only reason people are this upset is because they were expecting Ewoks, medals and everyone living happily ever after. I'm really glad Bioware didn't take that route.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="Pyth the Bull"]

And I'm pretty sure I'm not indoctrinated. The only thing that kind of bugged me was *** when the Catalyst took the shape of the kid who died on Earth in the beginning. *** Half of the game felt like Shepard's battle with pedophilia, but it can still be forgiven. It was gritty, dark and most importantly it had a psychedelic science fiction aspect to it. I think the only reason people are this upset is because they were expecting Ewoks, medals and everyone living happily ever after. I'm really glad Bioware didn't take that route.

[/quote]Then you'd be wrong.

I'd suggest looking into why people don't like the end before coming to conclusions. 

I also liked the ending, mostly BECAUSE it left things unanswered.  I've always loved films and books that left some things to the imagination.  I think that Bioware is doing the right thing with this clarification DLC.  It will offer more pat answers to anyone who wants them, and for people who like it as is, they can choose to not play/watch it (although let's face it, curiosity will get the best of everyone).

[/quote]

I was hoping for somebody who wasnt gonna troll and deliver a reasonable opinion... but nope...

Oh look, another person saying that those who dislike the ending only dislike it because it's not a fairytale/rainbow-filled ending. Imagine that!

Just as vote said, I suggest you actually read or even listen to what others, especially on here have actually said as to why they "dislike" the ending(s). It has absolutely nothing to do with it not being some magical happy ever after ending.

Back Lot Basher went about this in a perfectly reasonable way, something I can respect.

[/quote]ALL I care about is the achievements!  and Multyplayer!  I not a LARP  mass effect phanboy!(phangurl) like some of these fanatics are, it was as good an ending as any of my games, not going to make a big fuss over it, we havnt even seen any DLC yet,, who ever said that this is a true ending, could be just the short an sweet version..

I've just finished the game too.  I would have done it 2 weeks ago had it not been for the MP

And I thought it was great too.  All hail BioWare!

*fights off the indoctrination*

No!  It was terrible.  If anything, I'm more confused now than I've ever felt after finishing a trilogy.  Star Wars didn't do this, neither did LOTR.

And why the hell was I in Alliance armour after exiting the Conduit?  I was wearing the Collector Armor.  Ending makes no sense!

[quote user="Back Lot Basher"]

I also liked the ending, mostly BECAUSE it left things unanswered.  I've always loved films and books that left some things to the imagination.  I think that Bioware is doing the right thing with this clarification DLC.  It will offer more pat answers to anyone who wants them, and for people who like it as is, they can choose to not play/watch it (although let's face it, curiosity will get the best of everyone).

[/quote]

Exactly, the story is yours to make of it what you will. Here's hoping a couple minute cut scene DLC will make everyone feel better about their respective endings. But I think it's just fine how it is and as you said it left something to the imagination. And not that it has any bearing, but I doubt some of these guys could play Dark Souls for more than 30 minutes without becoming extremely bored.

[quote user="SMOKINSOMTHIN"]

I was hoping for somebody who wasnt gonna troll and deliver a reasonable opinion... but nope...

[/quote]

I'm a smart***. It's my way of diffusing any given situation. But I really thought the ending was brought about in a mature approach that left you bewildered and intrigued at the same time. And I understand why the catalyst was taken on by the shape of the child, Shepard was haunted by that image, while it still remaining familiar to him. And that raises even more questions. What did the child really represent to Shepard? Humanity, himself or just simply fear? And I won't say I called the ending, but years ago a friend and I had a conversation about the Reapers purpose and now I realize that I was virtually dead on. It's "trippy sci-fi 101" and I just think Bioware pulled it off well.

A bewildering and open ending can work great but not in the final part of a trilogy.
-
In the final act you should provide answers and closure, not add more questions. It's fine to leave some things unanswered to provoke thought and discussion, but to introduce a new character in the last moments and expect the change in status quo of the series bad guys to be explained in 14 lines of not that good dialogue?
-
It's that kind of slap-dash writing that has brought the 'Yo Dawg' pic to prominence.
-

-
Hopefully however the clarification DLC they are doing will keep both sides happy.

TBH, I doubt the 'Clarification DLC' will keep people happy. There will be complaints, it's inevitable, as you can't make everyone happy...

I didn't like the ending, however, I'll work on my own in my fanfic and accept that... as BioWare hasn't really accepted that what they did, a percentage of fans didn't like and haven't done anything to fix, except include a shiny little ending.

A friend on another forum, found a "The Unofficial Mass Effect 3 Epilogue Slides" which offers a ending of sorts which is a little easier to digest. Link: shannon.users.sonic.net/masseffect

See how easy it is to do BioWare?

I'm actually writing my own Mass Effect fan-fic. The story of how my Shepard defended Elysium during the Skillian Blitz.