I like the game but the max player count of 24, really has me holding back from buying this right out of the gate.

PC's get 64 player matches. 2 and a half times more players. I don't know why that is the case case. The PS3 can somehow pull off 150 in one of their games. Is it Live or is it the hardware?

Either way, I won't buy a next gen console that can't support 64 player Battlefield matches. So make sure the Xbox 720 (or whatever you call it) can do that.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Or instead of waiting years for the next gen consoles, buy a PC.

If BF were to have 64 players on consoles, youd pretty much have to say goodbye to all that destruction, large maps, vehicle combat, nice graphics, and say hello to lag.  Look at Homefront, it had 32 players right, however vehicles werent laying around, you had to obtain them, maps werent that big, a lot smaller than BF maps, and there was no destruction, not to mention the graphics were reduced a bit.  

[quote user="Kramerllama"]

If BF were to have 64 players on consoles, youd pretty much have to say goodbye to all that destruction, large maps, vehicle combat, nice graphics, and say hello to lag.  Look at Homefront, it had 32 players right, however vehicles werent laying around, you had to obtain them, maps werent that big, a lot smaller than BF maps, and there was no destruction, not to mention the graphics were reduced a bit.  

[/quote]

That's an understatement. I loved me some Homefront, but those graphics were a little hard to digest.

You realize PCs can BF3 on 250 player servers right? Hacked servers but still.

If the most next gen consoles can do is 64p you're getting ripped off.

FFOW did 50 player lobbies on 360....with lots of light tanks, MB Tanks, anti-air vehicles, jeeps and other fast movers...not to mention multiple choppers and even both jet fighters and jet bombers all mixed with lots of infantry on enormous maps

-

it was released in February of 2008 and though once in awhile lag would rear its ugly head and it had no destruction it was still a very satisfying game...there was alot happening in that game and it had a long life....too bad it "spiritual" successor was such a pile of crap

-

Frontlines also featured what might be my favorite MP game mode thats never been repeated.....its own name sake "Frontlines"....take a couple objectives and move the line.....but enemies could push the line back too

^^MAG has 250 in one lobby.

yes it does...and contrary to what some would say, MAG is actually a cool game, however...I was referring to old games on the 360 as a point of reference for a newer game on the 360

It is an issue of RAM; consoles simply don't have enough for HD textures, destruction, large player numbers etc. all at the same time.

As it is devs push this old console to it's limits by using compression and manipulating all available memory.

MAG didn't have the capacity for 250 players all on screen at the same time.

50 player Frontlines worked well but the graphics were very basic, the maps pretty small and no meaningful destruction.

Many peoples expectations are just unreasonable.

To bad there wasnt a way to upgrade the RAM?  Kinda like how N64 had that little thing to upgrade the graphics.  Maybe like some USB component of 4GB?  Doubt they have anything extra now.  Since the hd dvd crashed and burned doubt they wanna add something extra but confuse some people buying games that dont know they needed a upgrade of RAM.  But if the upgrade costs like $200 then might as well wait til 2014-2015 for XBOX 720.

[quote user="TerracottaTroll"]

It is an issue of RAM; consoles simply don't have enough for HD textures, destruction, large player numbers etc. all at the same time.

As it is devs push this old console to it's limits by using compression and manipulating all available memory.

MAG didn't have the capacity for 250 players all on screen at the same time.

50 player Frontlines worked well but the graphics were very basic, the maps pretty small and no meaningful destruction.

Many peoples expectations are just unreasonable.

[/quote]

Did you actually play the game? Yes, some maps were small and others were very large, i.e. Hindsight.