I keep getting the error message "Unable to read disc"

Having purchased and downloaded Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6 Vegas from the Xbox LIVE marketplace on 02.03.13 using my debit card, I was rather annoyed to discover that after playing the game for a period of time no greater than a few minutes, I received the error message which stated that the 'disc' was unreadable. Obviously this has severely diminished the experience of the game as I rarely get past the title screen before I get taken back to the Xbox dashboard.

I have followed the steps given in the support section of the website including deleting the game, clearing the system cache, removing the hard drive then re-installing the game but after the hours spent downloading the game for the second time, I am still met with the same error message.

Now I would appreciate an answer that doesn't reiterate the steps that I have already taken and would prefer it if the solution to my problem came swiftly.

The price of the game was £2.69 which, if there is no answer to why the error message keeps appearing, I am not too concerned about getting my money back for the game. However, if this error message is appearing on Rainbow 6 Vegas then I fear it may also appear on the other games I have purchased which are downloading now. These are Syndicate, Red Dead Redemption & Undead Nightmare DLC and Dynasty Warriors 7 which cost around £65 total, which, if the error message does appear  I will be slightly more than furious about.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

I know you dont want to a reiteration of what you have already tried but it seems as though you missed an important step...because you are getting a disc read error on a game that was downloaded more often than not this is due to some sort of corruption on your hard drive. to fix this It would be advised to try the following....most of which is a reiteration: 1.Delete game 2. Clear system cache 3. download a demo of relative size to the one that is not working (doing this will move the corruption to a different part of your hard  drive) 4 download your game again, after its working you can delete the demo. I have advised this and used this process myself before buying a new hard drive, It works. But that being said eventually you will need to look into a new hard drive or maybe a thumb drive.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.