I just remembered something...

AUTO SAVE IN MASS EFFECT 1 SUCKS!

Seriously. Nothing like going through a 40 minute mission only to get 3 hit by Matriarch Benezia and having to restart the entire mission.

Not one autosave through that entire run?

;(

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I thought it auto-saved right at the start of that fight?

[quote user="voteDC"]

I thought it auto-saved right at the start of that fight?

[/quote]

nope, iirc, it takes you back to where you left the mako

Last autosave is all the way back at the port where you first fight the geth and get the Mako.

Autosave is a good feature... however as a veteran gamer of many RPG's, I always save towards the end of a dungeon (For Noveria for example, after helping Dr Cohen create a cure for the patients in medbay and get his pass to the maintenance wing, I always save in that tunnel before continuing), to prevent having to restart the whole level if the boss fight goes awry.

Is pressing Start - Save that hard? I save like every 3 mins on my rpg games

depending on autosave is always a bad idea. always save manually whenever theres a break after some action, never know what could happen in the next cutscene, dungeon, gunfight etc

rpg = save constantly, that hasnt changed since bit-era gaming ended

I definitely prefer how autosave works in ME2.  Sometimes I get into the story and completely forget to save for an hour or so...without the autosave I'd have been yelling at the console (and me for being a @#@#$) like I did with ME1 a few times.

I'm actually playing on PC. One button quick save is fantastic. You don't even have to stop what you're doing and go into a menu. Not enough buttons on a controller to dedicate one to quick save I guess...

wow complaining about not having an auto save really come on OP how hard is it for you to press start and make a save for your self  I found myself making saves every hour or so lol just to make sure i don't run into something like that.

[quote user="Red Son Rising"]rpg = save constantly, that hasnt changed since bit-era gaming ended[/quote]You say that like it's acceptable. Ironic that you like so many of the changes/streamlining from ME1 to ME2, but seem happy to accept having to still play rpgs the same way as the bit-era.

If a game says it has an autosave feature, I expect it to save at least once in an hour period.