I Just Bought Skyrim Last Night! Help? Teachers?

hey yall i always made fun of my friends for playing this game i talked down on it so bad then i just bought it last night cause im sick of cod, halo, bf3 ect...i bought it at 6pm and I HAD to turn it off at 3 am cause i would have just kept playing an playing till my eyes poped out and i need to get some sleep lol...Im in Whiterun? I just did the 1st warewolf quest well I turned into one for a minute then woke up half naked in the woods lol being prompted that i have to go kill some people...well i get there and cant turn into a warewolf! I am OVERWHELMED with stuff to get into in this game! LOL I LOVE IT!!!! I feel like a idiot but when I watched the reviews and then seen IGNs review of a 9.5 and the only other 9.5 i seen by them is for Halo 4 i said "Ok i have to get this". 

Is there anyone out there that can be of some assistance pretty much whenever I have a question(s)? I need someone witha mic cause I cant do the typing thing and playing at the same time it kills WAY to much time. 

is there a bank where i can store my stuff like gems and stuff i can store till later down the road? and if there is a bank, is it accessable from all over or do i need to go back to the same spot?

are there mounts? or do u have to run/fast travel every where? 

I just joined the companions i duno who they are i just hapen to run into a recruiter on my way to tell the king about the attack in the beginning. am i doing everything right as of now? 

MY RACE IS IMPERIAL...i chose this guys cause it said magic and combat but i fount out quick that swords are better than fireballs....(or i might not be doing it right) see i like mages and stuff...I want my guy to be like a NECROMANCER form Diablo series...BUT able to hack and slash if i need to...Can u like summon a deamon to fight with u that has powers? 

There is so much more I have to ask and want to talk about but I dont want to type all this stuff and no one respond or care. So if someone is interested in playing with me or help teach me the tools of trade on this game it would be awesome! It would be much appreciated for assistance. MESSAGE ME ON XBOX OR HERE I GUESS DONT MATTER BUT PLEASE HAVE A MIC! THANKS!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It would be extremely difficult to answer all of your questions that you'll wind up having.  I work full-time so I'm on the computer more than my xbox, but here's a website that would be invaluable:  click here.

Slow down a little. The good news is that there is no hurry, no time limit, no required sequence in which to do things. Learn to use the little menu of active and completed tasks. To avoid being totally overwhelmed, I'd recommend that you don't start any new tasks or quests if your menu of active quests is already full. Start working some of them off, they will go into the completed menu as you finish them. There is no bank, but you will find safe havens where you can store your stuff in chests or furniture. You will eventually have an opportunity to buy your own house. Until then, explore, gather ingredients, build up your skills, learn blacksmithing, make potions, and just have FUN.    

Be patient with the loading times. They're probably the one thing that kills this game on the console.

[quote user="CharmCitysKing"]

hey yall i always made fun of my friends for playing this game i talked down on it so bad then i just bought it last night cause im sick of cod, halo, bf3 ect...i bought it at 6pm and I HAD to turn it off at 3 am cause i would have just kept playing an playing till my eyes poped out and i need to get some sleep lol...Im in Whiterun? I just did the 1st warewolf quest well I turned into one for a minute then woke up half naked in the woods lol being prompted that i have to go kill some people...well i get there and cant turn into a warewolf! I am OVERWHELMED with stuff to get into in this game! LOL I LOVE IT!!!! I feel like a idiot but when I watched the reviews and then seen IGNs review of a 9.5 and the only other 9.5 i seen by them is for Halo 4 i said "Ok i have to get this". 

Is there anyone out there that can be of some assistance pretty much whenever I have a question(s)? I need someone witha mic cause I cant do the typing thing and playing at the same time it kills WAY to much time. 

is there a bank where i can store my stuff like gems and stuff i can store till later down the road? and if there is a bank, is it accessable from all over or do i need to go back to the same spot? You can store items in any barrel, safe, dresser, or anything like that and it will stay there forever.  When I started Skyrim I stored everything in a barrel in Riverwood. The barrel was outside the blacksmith shop.  Across the street from the Riverwood trader.

are there mounts? or do u have to run/fast travel every where?  You can ride / mount horses. The Dragonborne DLC actually lets you fly a dragon!!  Once you explore an area you can fast travel back to it.

I just joined the companions i duno who they are i just hapen to run into a recruiter on my way to tell the king about the attack in the beginning. am i doing everything right as of now?  There is no right or wrong way.  Skyrim lets you do anything you want.

MY RACE IS IMPERIAL...i chose this guys cause it said magic and combat but i fount out quick that swords are better than fireballs....(or i might not be doing it right) see i like mages and stuff...I want my guy to be like a NECROMANCER form Diablo series...BUT able to hack and slash if i need to...Can u like summon a deamon to fight with u that has powers?  Each skill you use will level up the more you use it.  Fireballs level up, swords level up. Yes you can Summon different types of demos later in the game.  I dont want to spoil too much for you.

There is so much more I have to ask and want to talk about but I dont want to type all this stuff and no one respond or care. So if someone is interested in playing with me or help teach me the tools of trade on this game it would be awesome! It would be much appreciated for assistance. MESSAGE ME ON XBOX OR HERE I GUESS DONT MATTER BUT PLEASE HAVE A MIC! THANKS!

[/quote]

I answered in red. If you have any more questions this is the perfect site to ask. A lot of us in here have 300+ hours into the game and can usually answer any question you have.  Very friendly community. Make sure you save quite often and dont keep any more than about 10 game save files.  Just keep deleting older save files. 

Conjuration is the demon summoning skill.

The RB button can have your werewolf ability assigned to, same as shouts.

Buy a horse.

Buy a house... Never store where you don't own. Join any group, and wherever they assign you a bed, the chest by that bed is safe storage.

Most importantly, bookmark Eggnogga's link. It has everything you need!

thanks yall so far so good...too bad this game isnt a  mmo

Don't even start..............

Single player > MMO.

Also, I'd be in the minority but try to stay away from the Wiki link that was provided earlier unless you really need it. No need to know everything before getting to it, for example.

on xbox servers ohyes ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

oops sorry about the above link but i wont be back on this forum anymore atleast for awhile. I would appreciate it if someone who has a built in skyrim dictionary to add me or message me because skyrim wiki i fount to be the best site for general info but its very complex. im stil tryiing to find awah to sohr