i hope BioWare DON'T make the extended ending.

its obvious all who complaining about the ending did not understand nor a TRUE fan of MASS EFFECT.

"Shepard's indoctrination" + "Perfect ending" + "...ONE MORE STORY= ME4

so please move on and let BioWare forget the non-sense "extended ending" and let them continue to make

us another ME.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

They are making the extended ending.  But I don't think it's going to appease the masses.  By the time it comes out, most would have moved on to other games.

DAMM IT,way to ruin the fun :(

Like the OP, big fan of the ending, which despite all the negativity aimed at our fruity little club, I still believe is close to the perfect ending the series could have had

-

Can only hope that whatever the extended content is, it wont detract from the original planned ending so that those who got what Bioware were trying to tell with that ending and appreciated how they told it, wont have it ruined

-

But I think we all know, that following the OTT reaction to it by a certain section of those unhappy, will still be unhappy and will pour onto the internet like waves on rocks shouting, screaming and crying about it no matter what they do.

-

Wont ever agree that the series belongs to the fans so they can demand changes

[View:http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17ggu5gzo56zsjpg/original.jpg]

[quote user="Praetorian VIII"]

They are making the extended ending.  But I don't think it's going to appease the masses.  By the time it comes out, most would have moved on to other games.

[/quote]lol, you would think they'd move on but I'm pretty sure when they lock me up in a nursing home, I'll get stuck next to the guy still complaining about the ending.

I dont want to make this a whole "thing", but i think the reason that most folks didnt like the ending was that it didnt have a clear "paragon" (light side) ending. Obviously controlling the Reapers was a "Renegade" ending (as represented by the image of the Illusive Man pulling the switch). The "light side" ending was not so clear cut. If the common indoctrination theory is correct, then destroying the reapers was that light side ending (represented by Anderson shooting the control). If it WAS NOT, and Shepard did destroy all synthetic life (including Geth and EDI) along with the Reapers then it certainly detracted from that "good ending" - ie "why did I have to destroy the Geth when I fought so hard to save them?" Now, if the true paragon path was sythesis (not represented by any character- possibly making it Shepard's own path), then you have still forced a genetic change upon all organic and synthetic life, thus violating their right to self-determination. Personally, I related the sythesis option to the Path of Neo from the Matrix - the idea that man and machine need each other to survive, and this choice has Shepard making the ultimate sacrifice for peace between the two.

To a certain extent, I do sympathize with those that have some ending heartburn. We have spent the entire series esentially making "good" or "bad" choices and now the lines are blurred. The ending outcry likely stems from the fact that many gamers are either not familiar with such nuances of storytelling or philosophical concepts - or they simply didn't get the good feeling that they got curing the genophage or reuniting the Geth and Quarian. Some (perhaps many) that have played the entire series seem to be upset that their choices from the previous games did not factor into the final ending, but from a development standpoint, a game must also stand alone for newcomers. Personally, i would have found more joy in an up front light side ending - something where the whole galaxy is rejoicing like at the end of Return of the Jedi. An obvious destroying of the Reapers, while leaving the source behind them as a mysterious force in Dark Space and the need to confront it could have been a "happier" ending, while still leaving room for the next installment. For me, the joy of the game was found in the journey rather than the end (reuniting the Geth and Quarian was probably the high point).

The bottom line is that some folks need more clarity surrounding the final events that took place. They want to know what really becomes of all the characters they have grown to love, and there is nothing wrong with that. If Bioware releases DLC that sheds more light on that, then that is not necessarily a bad thing. It certainly does not negate the possiblity of an ME4. While a great story is obviously important to Bioware, so are customers. They could stand by their ending and say "it is what it is", but they may lose 10% of their potential customers for the next installment of the franchise & that translates into big $ in the business world.  Will some be unhappy with any DLC pertaining to the ending? Sure. Regardless of your feelings about the DLC, the good thing to take away is that Bioware is listening to their customers and trying to do right by them.

The whole Paragon/Renegade thing shouldn't come into play at the end anyway, when it comes to stopping a Galactic Cycle of Extinction, what does it matter if someone said "please" or "outta my *** way!" to achieve this?  The ending should be left alone and resources put to better use, I say "get over it"...:-)

"doesn't" is the word you are looking for op :P

oh and the "new" ending isn't changing the ending its just clarifying the things that certain people could make the logical conclusions to themselves and adding in some closure.

[quote user="vader da slayer"]

"doesn't" is the word you are looking for op :P

oh and the "new" ending isn't changing the ending its just clarifying the things that certain people could make the logical conclusions to themselves and adding in some closure.

[/quote]

^^^^ Not to mention the fact that this is the end of Shepard's journey. Bioware has said this more than once. The ending screen after defeating the reapers says "Commander Shepard has become a legend by ending the Reaper threat. Now you can continue to build that legend through further gameplay and downloadable content."

After you click OK, you're loaded back into the game... at the point just before you attack the Cerberus base. This sets you up for DLC and is what they were referring to when they said "you haven't heard the last of commander Shepard".

I'm not saying there can't be or won't be a ME 4... I am saying that they can do what ever they want to this ending and it won't make any difference. If there's a ME 4 it might be a prequel... Skillian Blitz or something. But if they would even consider going into the future, after the events of ME 3 (My $ say no way) then the best they could do is have Shepard make a cameo... IF you got the breath scene... at best. Simple as that.

Shepard's indoctrination conspiracy is a whole lot of  hocus-pocus. The kid that's supposed to be all in Shepard's head can be seen running toward that building where he is later found in the ducts.

-

Check it out for yourselves. On Earth, near the start where you're to meet at the rendezvous point, the kid hides in the corner of the balcony of the building we find him in. Look very carefully and you'll see him right there, and as soon as you and Anderson reach the point where he yells out Husk, and you've got to shoot them, the kid darts off inside the damned building.

-

This tells me that Shepard is unaware of the kid, so if Shepard is unaware of the kid, how could the kid exist as an illusion. The kid is there for us to take note of when we find him whimpering in the ducts.

Also of note, Shepard appears to be the only person who actually "sees" the boy, even the part where the boy is the most "translucent" in the game, he screams of nothing more than a simple hallucination, "a little soft around the edges"...:-)