I honestly think there is a lot of cheating or modded Xboxes on Reach anymore.

Played last several nights and there are players EVERY game going +20 in kill/death ratio.  Also they are taking a ton of damage and not dying at all.  And they are moving way too fast -- not like lag movement -- like they have super speed abilty that no one else has.

Anyone else noticing this?  Hope Microsoft or Bungie or 343 brings out Ban Hammer on these scrubs,  I mean really?  Cheating at a video game.  Is your life that empty and meaningless and your manhood smaller then an inch so you have to cheat at a video game to feel good about yourself.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hmmm maybe that's what's going on?  I crated a post titled Halo Reach FU.  if you just want check it out.

+20, plenty of damage and not dying hardly means 'cheating'. I guarantee you there are players you've got a perfectly normal chance of finding that could do that.

The fast speed is interesting and the only thing that could/would be cheating. I'd say you're either mistaken --perfectly possible--, witnessing Sprint --possible, but less likely-- or right and they are indeed cheating --again, still possible but it is not particularly likely.

Better not to make assumptions like that, but if you've got a video it would be good to see it.

I can see if I can find some video of super speed and load it up to my File Share.

Lots of damge would be taking a full needler clip and not dying.  Two shotgun blasts to the face at point blank then shoot me once and I die.

Yep.  There is something not Kosher about that at all, my friends.

And going +20 consistently every game is not fishy to you?  I played Reach since release day (even put down the cash for the Halo console, so I'm not a hter here) and there were games where I would go or see someone else do that.  But not every game.  Not believing anything is legit about that though.

A full Needler clip can easily be explained, although the Shotgun is a little harder. The Shotgun would have to have missed at least once and I'm not going to go so far as to say that. I think that's pretty dubious.

Going +20 every game isn't a problem for me to believe either, like I say, I know players that could do that easily enough, consistently.

Killing you in one shot with what, by the way? And before I go too far off topic, I'm no longer really disputing your evidence, just discussing. A video would clear it all up .

Watching the Stanley Cup game right now so after game I'll try to jump on and find some video and upload to File Share.

Think the one shot on me was a DMR (and not a headshot).

It just bothers me that people are just so empty inside they have to find cheats or exploits in a video game to abuse.  So very sad.

Yeah .

I don't like cheaters either man. I haven't seen many (Play H3 not Reach, but there are some in both of course) but the ones I have seen truly are sad.

i loathe cheaters and hackers.

I actually would lean in favor of believing "lemiuex' on this one...at least in regard to the super speed.  I've seen the same thing.  It's almost like someone has a prolonged sprint and then a lunge at the end.  I've seen lunges with the Sword, but now I've seen people running with a lunge/pummel.  Didn't even know this was possible,    On COUNTDOWN, I was at the top of the stairs (on the inside) and the opponent was at the dropdown opening where the Health Pack is on the wall.  In less than a split second this guy lunged and pummeled me and killed me.  We had each taken a couple Battle Rifle shots, so I was not at full shield.  He absolutely DID NOT have a sword (I watched it a couple times)...and it was a pummel.  WTF.

..............................(used in place of paragraph spacing)................................................

----------------------------------------------------------------

In addition to what you mentioned above, I have noticed some distinct lag advantages.  I was playing on Synapse the other day and I had just kill a 6 kill streak with the Rocket Launcher.  I had gotten down to 2 bars of health, so I went to get a health pack.  I get a black screen for about  1.5 minutes and then when the game resumes, it picks up 1/2-a-frame before I'm getting assassinated.  I lose my streak, lose the 2 remaining Rockets I have and it's still 2 minutes till the Rockets spawn again...but now their team (Blue) has 3 guys camped up where the spawn spot is...and one of them is a darn good sniper.  

...........................................(paragraph spacing).......................................

I have seen been right next to guys whos backs were turned to me.  As soon as I go to pummel/assassinate them, the next thing I know, the screen "wobbles", they disappear from in front of me and magically appear behind me and kill me.

---------------------------------------------------------------

The +20 k/d ratio doesn't sound off...but then what you're not seeing could be several things -- A) this cat knows where ALL of the health packs are, B) He's accessing all of the special weapons at the right time,  C) His teammates are "helping" him, or D) His opponents are unusually weak and he is able to spot and exploit that every time. -------- I've seen some expert snipers who get a kill with every single shot and the only time they're not killing someone is when they're going down to pick up a newly spawned sniper rifle.  And then it's back to killing.  In addition to this, it would help to let the reader know what type of game you're talking about.  A +20 on Team Slayer is harder to do consistently than it would be on another game type with a great number of enemies (opportunities) and a longer time limit and large size map.  

I do hate it when the screen slows down chronically and then, mysteriously, someone has just beaten you down. It's great and mysteriously common, I must say....

I use full stops for paragraph spaces by the way, but you apparently don't have a problem using 'enter' twice in Rich Formatting. Ask Matt .

I have never seen the increased speed but I also don't play at all anymore so I wouldn't have seen anything new. Otherwise it could be a mistake, but if that's what happened that's obviously very dubious.