I have two games that worked on windows 8 and 7 perfectly, but don't work on 10: rise of nations, camanche

Hi I upgraded from windows 8 to windows 10 hoping for a better experience and hopefully an easier time , however I am running into some issues. I have Rise of Nations and when ever I try running it, it flickers constantly. Comanche simply won't try and install, it just sits there.

I did do a complete reinstall of the intel hd 4000 driver, but it didn't solve the problem. I also did the trouble shooter multiple times.

Rise of nations ran perfectly on windows 7-8 (I have both operating systems). It has a resolution of 1024x768. It DID at one point say there was an issue with the colors? I tried the troubleshooter, but it didn't fix it.

Comanche is an old game, but worked perfectly in windows 7-8. The problem is that it wont install. The installer, even when I click on it, wont start, after I click 'yes' to the 'are you sure you want this application to make changes to your computer' the game menu just sits there and wont start installing.

I'm hoping there is an easy solution to both of these, since if they don't work, I'm switching back to my previous os. I also want to change my windows 7 desktop over to the new os, but this problem will stop me. The main question I guess is, what did windows 10 change that windows 7 and 8 had that could affect older games? If it is just that the intel driver is currently incompatible with 10 then fine, even though that wouldn't explain Comanche not installing.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 29 Applies to:

Also I AM in the correct place in the forum since I was directed here by a customer service rep

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

One thing that I would suggest is installing VMware or something similar and install a copy of xp if you have it around for programs that don't play as nice on the newer Operating Systems.  Yes it's sort of a pain, but if you want to use the new "shiny" that is 10, this is the only logical thing that I can think of.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.