I have trouble with my password... and connection to to internet...

So For my 13th Birthday my dad bought me Xbox Live and him, being in a different state, ask my Uncle Bill to help me set it up... He does, but sets an age restriction, which I did not catch him doing. After maybe a couple months I decide to buy BattleField: Bad Company which I got JUST for the multiplayer... I set it up, wait, and a little message pops up saying that the age restriction Prohibits me from playing it... I am now here to say that after a couple weeks of badgering my Uncle, he decides he will tell me the password to switch the account restrictions... I go in, and find that the password is incorrect, leaving me with a helpless profile with pratically no online playability.

Other than that I also have a problem connecting my Xbox Live to the internet, like Bungie.net and Xbox.com. I go in to create an xbox.com profile and find that It doesnt tell me ANYTHING about my Xbox Live information like gamerscore or even the membership. I am guessing that means that it is about the Inability to connect to my xbox directly? I just dont know how to fix that, because without that fix I cannot import ANYTHING from the internet to the Xbox 360.

ANY help AT ALL would be really appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 37 Applies to:

Hi there.

When your uncle set up your account, did he set the correct age? As your account needs to be 13+ in order to be able to play ANY EA games online.

To answer your second issue - Sometimes things can get a little muddled up when you first sign up for xbox LIVE. What you will need to do is recover this account that you're using on xbox.com, simply follow the on-screen instructions here. Once the profile has been downloaded to your console you will need to change the Windows Live ID associated to it, if you need help with that follow these steps:

1. Sign into the account you have just recovered to your xbox 360.
  2. Hit the guide button on your xbox 360 controller.
  3. Scroll right, to the last page which is your settings page.
  4. Select "Account Management"
  5. Select "Windows Live ID"
  6. From here you can change the email address associated to the account and this will, in-turn allow you to sign into xbox.com with your main profile.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The first one would make sense, but for the second one I would need the password to change the Windows Live ID to mine.

The first one probably answers some of the question.... but the problem is is that I still need the password for basic controlls.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well would your uncle not have this "password" information?

Sorry this didn't help.

For age-related issues during purchasing, you should start with our sticky post about that. It will also have suggestions on how to work around this issue. Thanks.

Sorry this didn't help.