I Have A Question Regarding The Future Of Minecraft XBLA.

I know there is at least one more crucial update coming to the XBLA Version, but what I am wondering is, how close will it bring us to the current PC Version?

Will we get the Ranking System?

Will we have the enchanting ability?

Endermen?

All the things that the current PC Version has minus all the player mods.

I feel like the XBLA Version is just some cheap knock off of the real game & will never be the same as the real thing. Can someone prove me wrong?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

The XBLA version will never be as good as the PC version. By the time we get caught up to where they are now they will already have moved past that point. Its just the way it is. The PC gets updates when the creators want it. The Xbox updates have to be fed through certification before they ever reach us. I never played the PC version so I am not bothered by it, but I can understand people being mad that the game feels gimped.

From what I understand, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, is that there will be 2 more updates coming to the XBLA version and after those, it will be equivalent to the PC version.

I mean I am satisfied at the moment with what we got, but I know the game has A LOT more to offer & would really like to see all of it implemented into the XBLA Version.

[quote user="ComeAtMeBroheim"]

From what I understand, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, is that there will be 2 more updates coming to the XBLA version and after those, it will be equivalent to the PC version.

[/quote]

You're right in the fact that they will try to get it as close to the PC version, but I think there may be more than just 2 updates. We're still in the beta version of Minecraft, we have to get the 1.8 which will be some time in December, and the 1.9 update which is unannounced yet. Then we get into the full versions like 1.2.5, I'm not sure if they'll collapse updates together or not. Also, they aren't done updating the PC version so there will always be more to add to the XBLA version. So, I'd assume more than just 2 updates, but I'm not 100% either

Minecraft's own patch notes only show the beta releases going to 1.8, then it hits the official 1.0.0 release. IF what we have is 1.7.3, we are currently 7 updates behind (they are on 1.2.5, though 1.2.3 was very minor). I'm guessing by the time the XBLA version hit 1.2.5, the PC version's on AT LEAST 1.4. We'll probably always be 2-3 updates back.

What happens when the 360 is phased out in favor of the new system? I assume Minecraft will be supported on the next console but in what capacity? Hopefully it's able to run the current version and let xbox people play with PC, that'd be sweet.

The new system is still so far away, plus they'll have support for the 360 all the way up to the release of the new system. Not to mention it's Mojang and 4J that work on updates, so they'll work on the 360 version as much as possible. Plus, Minecraft is linked to your account so all you'll have to do on the new system is redownload it. But as I said, we are still too far away from the new system to even worry about it.

The reason is because your xbox 360 console can only handle so much. Sure it has a fast tri-core 3.2 Ghz CPU and a good GPU. In fact the console starts up faster than your average PC. Maybe Microsoft will impliment more powerfull hardware in their next console which should start hitting shelves next year.

I am not sure how soon after Minecraft first hit PC that pistons, custom skins, etc came out but having them released within a month or so of the xbox version debuting is pretty impressive. Granted we are behind by 2 years from what the PC version is but they have been releasing updates over those 2 years. They started where we are, and have been getting new things to keep the game fresh and fun since then. I am glad for the updates and glad we are not at the same level yet as when they new things are added it keeps me figuring out what to do next. We will get to the level the PC is at in a while, but then PC will be ahead again. That will be more to look forward to.

I don't mind the differences from PC, as the xbox is just more convenient for me.  I have a standard business laptop, nothing special in the graphics department, and it kind of lags minecraft out.  So the xbox is just a better leisure option for me, and I can play while chatting with friends in other games.

The only thing I wish is that worlds were bigger.  They wouldn't have to be Neptune size like PC to make me happy... just maybe 9 times bigger than now (1 more map in each cardinal directon).