I have a question about Skyrim

I was using Lydia as my partner near Riften when she was killed.  I returned to my house to find her, she is not there.  She is not at my wife's house, and also not where she was killed.  That is my question.  If she is alive, where is she, and if she is dead, where is she so I can collect the stuff she was carrying for me?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Dead is dead in Skyrim, so she's a goner.  You probably should have (1) reloaded a recent saved game and tried to save her, or (2) promptly recovered the stuff off of  her dead body.  Depending on the elapsed time, sometimes bodies are no longer there when you return to loot them.

You haven't really played Skyrim unless you've killed Lydia.

[quote user="SnottyMcNaughty"]

[/quote] Alternatively, it can be a fun challenge keeping them alive. You can use the Healing Hands spell on them during combat when you see them in trouble, or lead the fighting away from them so they can recover.  Followers are a problem when you're trying to sneak up on an enemy, but you solve that by having them wait a ways back.  They are nice for covering your six, for extra help in the fight, and for carrying extra weight.

Too bad she isn't like adoring fan.. and respawns.

[quote user="OldPepsiMan"]

[quote user="SnottyMcNaughty"]

[/quote] Alternatively, it can be a fun challenge keeping them alive. You can use the Healing Hands spell on them during combat when you see them in trouble, or lead the fighting away from them so they can recover.  Followers are a problem when you're trying to sneak up on an enemy, but you solve that by having them wait a ways back.  They are nice for covering your six, for extra help in the fight, and for carrying extra weight.

[/quote]

I've just about lost all patience with the NPCs.  The companions are hell on me since I primarily use spells....most of them use melee, get in the way and ultimately die by friendly fire.

****Spoiler****

After a fort or two in the civil war quest line, I realized that it was near impossible to prevent killing your own guys so I just decided to double up on fireballs and blow everything to smithereens since there was no penalty for killing your own crew.  Much easier and way less tedious.  There should be an option to turn off the friendly fire effect even though it would be unrealistic.

NPCs are stupid, they make me crazy, especially when they stop fighting the dragon that is trying to eat them to whack on me when I'm trying to save their stupid, miserable lives.

That's why I go nuts and kill everyone 0_o

I did go back to an earlier save and got her back (lost 3 hours and 2 levels UGH).  Now I mostly keep a close eye on my followers, and since I now have Healing Hands, it is easier to help them.  I had to use it on Aela most recently when we was on a Companions quest together.

The non human followers (spectral assassin, perm zombies, perm atronaches) are the best because you can just respawn them if they die.....downside, you have to carry your own stuff.  

DeadlyOhio...is your avatar wearing a half shirt?  That freaks me out.  lol

The only time I ever used a follower was when it was mandatory to finish a quest.  i.e.  Certain Companions Quests, Thieves Guild, Boethiah's Daedric mission, etc etc.  They're just too clunky and annoying for me.... constantly getting in my way.

@Bizarro -- You're missing the lower half where the avatar has on daisy dukes too!