I have a problem playing Original Xbox games

What game are you trying to play? - Spinter Cell
Is it a disc or downloaded version? - Disc
What type of console are you using? - Xbox 360 Slim 4gb
What size HDD are you using? - Official Microsoft 250gb HDD
What error code or message are you receiving? - This original Xbox game is not suppoted on your Xbox 360 Cionlsolde. An update to support this game may be available.For more info, go to www.xbox.com/games.

I have tried the support thread to fix this and none of the suggestions work. It was playing original Xbox games perfectly fine last year. Its not just Splinter Cell, all Xbox games, except Halo 2 don't work. Any help is appreciated greatly.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I believe it has to do with a graphic thing. The xbox 360 uses a different video card than the old one thus old games needed to be updated to work for the newer counsel.  For example Halo 1 and 2 have been converted. Along with GTA San Andréas and I believe quite a few others. I don't know exactly which ones they have converted but it's most likely the reason you are unable to play these game has something to do with the difference between the Xbox 360 and original Xbox graphics cards. Games like San Andreas etc. were just updated to play on the 360. They don't look pretty as they do on the original Xbox counsel but they run. Anyways, that's my guess as to why they aren't running. If you really want to play them I'd see if they are available on the Xbox marketplace. The download version may work while the disk does not.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey Yiazmat012,

Just to be clear, you've tried all of the steps from our post Issues playing Xbox Original games ? Just want to be sure, so we're not repeating what you've already tried.

Let us know. Thanks.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.