I have a bunch of simple multiplayer questions

So I'm waaaaaay behind the 8-ball in playing this game, but I'm hooked!  I've been playing a bit of MP over the past 2 days and had some basic questions.

1.  I've reached level 4 and I've unlocked several gadgets and specializations (for example some extra vehicle 'perks', a shotgun attachment for my **** rifle and a red dot site to name a few), but I can't figure out how to actually equip them?

2.  I've been in several gunfights that I KNOW I've won, but I end up dead.  Is there armor or suit upgrades that give a bonus to health?

3.  I flew a helicopter once, which was both exhilarating and a disaster.  What are the controls for the helicopter?

4.  I've seen people jump off of buildings using a parachute ... how do I acquire a parachute?

Sorry for so many questions, but I really like this game and want to take every advantage possible to get better.  Any tips would be appreciated as well.  I'm a team-oriented player and would love to play with like-minded folks.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

On this website http://bfbcs.com/stats_360/ go to the "Stats graphics" tab.

Thanks everyone for the very helpful responses.  Yep, these new forums blow and really need an FAQ section, although I do like getting fresh ideas.

NameMonkey Boy - How did you create that cool sig banner?

sorry if im wrong havent played in a couple of days and i just hit the button and the parachute comes out............

Nevermind, I'm positive it's the "A" button.

Parachute you need to hit double tap X for it to come out.

Good luck with the Heli.....

there is a armor upgrade for the body but it adds 25% health to person, if your playing core mode then it takes a clip to kill someone unless you shoot them in the head. Also you can add a Magnum ammo to your gun when unlocked to kill people faster.

Equipting perks, before you start a round you are given classes to choose from, if you push the dpad to the right you can select different equipment, then if you push either up or down you can select items, this is how you select perks.

I don't know about you guys, but I always just keep pressing A until I hit the ground.  I'm not sure why, but at least it never fails :/

Don't bother with the sig. The mods are taking them down from people who had them.

[quote user="AgentLebowski"]

So I'm waaaaaay behind the 8-ball in playing this game, but I'm hooked!  I've been playing a bit of MP over the past 2 days and had some basic questions.

1.  I've reached level 4 and I've unlocked several gadgets and specializations (for example some extra vehicle 'perks', a shotgun attachment for my assault rifle and a red dot site to name a few), but I can't figure out how to actually equip them? Scroll up or down to choose your class then press the directional pad right until get to the specialization(1) you want. From there, press up or down to choose which one you want equipped.

2.  I've been in several gunfights that I KNOW I've won, but I end up dead.  Is there armor or suit upgrades that give a bonus to health? Yes. It's another specialization(2).  It's a matter of preference really. There is an armor upgrade, but I don't use it. I use the Magnum upgrade which slightly increases bullet damage.   

3.  I flew a helicopter once, which was both exhilarating and a disaster.  What are the controls for the helicopter? You can change the control layout, but it takes a bit of practice to become a competent chopper pilot.

4.  I've seen people jump off of buildings using a parachute ... how do I acquire a parachute? You have an endless supply of magic chutes. It's been said you press "A" to deploy it, but I have to double tap the "A" button to get it to deploy.

Sorry for so many questions, but I really like this game and want to take every advantage possible to get better.  Any tips would be appreciated as well.  I'm a team-oriented player and would love to play with like-minded folks.

[/quote]

Enjoy. And don't snipe. The game already has too many useless snipers.

This game forum needs a FAQ

Check out this VIDEO with as some good advice for beginners.