I hate to be "that guy" but...

Did anyone else find the demo "clunky"? Watching shephard run and controlling him just felt horrible. Was anyone elses weapon drawn all the time? Plus the graphics looked "off" or a step back from ME2. Now I love the series and have had nothing but great times with it, but the demo just felt "off" to me. Keep in mind though that I have just some off Uncharted 3 so there might be unrealistic expectations at play here.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Take a look at the other threads about the demo on the board, you are echoing what a lot of others have said about it.

ah ok, was at work, needed to post quick, sorry for double ups

The multiplayer is far more polished than the single player side of the game though, so hopefully that will be translated to the single player side in the full game.

Does anyone know if we can holster the damn gun while we are running. It just looks terrible!

Remember though... it IS a demo, and demo's do not lways reflect the final product. The full game will undoubtedly be more polished and flow together better.

[quote user="DeadlyByDesign"]

Does anyone know if we can holster the damn gun while we are running. It just looks terrible!

[/quote]haha, something else that has been covered in the other threads.

Here is the quote from Brenon Holmes of Bioware

[quote]In combat areas, you have your gun out... in more hub-like areas you don't. 

It's unfortunate, but sadly it was needed to claw back a significant chunk of memory. 

RyuGuitarFreak wrote...

Brenon, could you bring more details into that? It's a RAM memory issue or disc-space file size issue? It's a problem exclusive to the demo or the full game too?

It's a runtime memory cost, not a disk space issue. You need those anims for the non-combat areas... so they're going to be on disk regardless.

In order to support exploration in the combat areas, you'd need to have all the anims loaded in memory... so that would be things like the 8-way walks, runs, incline anims, idles, idle twitches, male/female variant overrides, eye noise... etc.

All in all (iirc) it came out to around 2-4MB, which is relatively significant. Also, as you've guessed, yes - I'm referring to the main game (as well as the demo).[/quote]So essentially because of the lack of system RAM in the consoles, holstering your gun was removed as an option.

Of course you wont be able to draw your weapon in hub areas as in Mass Effect 2.

really? are you serious?

Completely. Bioware claim that because of the lack of system RAM on the consoles they had to make sacrifices and holstering your weapon in combat areas was one of those they were willing to make.

I barely know anything about computer coding or what not... but is that believable? how come we could holster in ME2 and ME1 no problem?

Exactly what people are asking on the BSN Spectre with a silence from Bioware in response.

-

The info I quoted above is their official position on why.