I get the "unable to read disc" error while playing Section 8

Hi,

I downloaded Section 8 a few days ago and every 10-20 minutes the game crashes with an "Unable to read disc" error, which is interesting because there is no disc and I'm playing directly from my hard drive. I have an Xbox 360 Slim with a 250GB hard drive. I've tried re-downloading the game, clearing the cache, reformatting the hard drive, taking the hard drive out & rebooting, trying to blow out any dust, etc.

Basically I'll be playing and randomly get the "Unable to read disc" error. Then I hit Ok. The screen goes black for a minute, then an "E 68" error pops up with a message about contacting xbox support. I'll restart the console and it works just fine until I play Section 8 again.

Not sure what to do, any help is appreciated, thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

You most likely know this but E68 is a HDD error OP, when you get that its usually best to phone support.
It could be the root of your problem.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Ya I'm wondering if it's because I got the hard drive from some random manufacturer through Amazon...well anyways, I transferred the game over to the factory-installed 4GB HD and it STILL gave the "Unable to read disc" error...but only once. I might try taking my Xbox to a friend's house and downloading it again over a faster FIOS connection

Sorry this didn't help.

Hmm, a 'random manufacturer through Amazon' doesn't sound especially official. I suggest trying a friend's official HDD on your console, too, to see if that resolves the issue.

Sorry this didn't help.