i get the message "the game couldnt start. try downloading the game again. for more help, visit www.xbox.com/support"

ok, i have a xbox360 slim, just the 4gb one that i later bought a 250gb hard drive for it and i recently came across this issue; i bought Grand Thieft Auto: San Andreas off of the xboxlive market place and after downloading it, this "game error" appears "the game couldnt start. try downloading the game again. for more help, visit www.xbox.com/support" but even deleting it and downloading it again this message reappears time and time again. how do i get this game to work? or does this game even work with my xbox?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 17 Applies to:

Did you buy your hard drive brand new from a retailer or did you by it used from somewhere like ebay? If the hard drive was not purchased brand new, it's possible it could be a knock off which would not work with original xbox games.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I would suggest clearing your Xbox 360 S system's cache. This might solve the problem with the system not wanting to play the game. Here is the instructions to do so

ambassadors.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.

If the hard drive is not a genuine Microsoft-branded hard drive, the emulator for the original Xbox system required for GTA:SA may fail, as the cheaper third party drives are not compatible with the emulator programming.

Sorry this didn't help.

www.xbox.com/dns-help for more help

Sorry this didn't help.