I get its a BETA bbbuuuttttt ..................

With it now being said the build is just over a month old, its a bit worrying than a build thats probably only 2 months old still looks that bad.

Especially as the gameplay feels so off, yeh yeh people will say its like BF2 but then again BF2142 which I play runs on pretty much the BF2 engine and mechanics and even on that you have enough time to turn and return some fire before being killed.

Also as with all the defence:

1) Its only a Beta to test the server

So why are they only testing the basic mechanics and not the resource intense stuff like Destruction 3.0, vehicles, jets

2) its an old version

This defence sounds ok, until I remembered playing the Red Faction Geurrilla Beta that used a version that was over 9 months away from the version they released (the beta was over 9 months before release) and in that wasn't far from what got released, infact it was mostly making maps and getting the stress fracture system functioning in multiplayer from whats been said.

3) learn to adapt

So wait EA change the series gameplay because people moaned and couldn't adapt and now its mostly those people turning round saying oh you need to learn to adapt, well guess what people did adapt, some didn't and so why should me and others have to adapt to the series changing just because people couldn't adapt to the series originally.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

I agree, the build looks horrid.  And I am tired of fanboys telling me the game will be perfect on launch.  The true beta begins on launch day.  Then you have to wait a month for it to be implemented.  Then you have to complain that the UMP needs to be toned down.....Then you need to buy COD even though it is the same tired piece of sh*t that the previous ones were.  

Seriously, 24 players in MP?  Even Homefront had 32.

it is a **** poor beta, it's more of a taste of whats to come. if you don't like what you see/play then don't get the game, move on to something else. and EA is the publisher not the developer.

^ I've got a feeling EA might try to push it to 32 player also oddly Kaos studios behind Homefront are strangely good a servers as their first game fonrtlines fuel of War was 32 player then they boosted the server to 50 player. I think Dice might be planning something but are keeping quiet.

[quote user="reverse20"]

it is a **** poor beta, it's more of a taste of whats to come. if you don't like what you see/play then don't get the game, move on to something else. and EA is the publisher not the developer.

[/quote]

yeh just because they aren't the developer, doesn't mean they can't influence games alot if they want to (paging THQ and their "sod the multiplayer just make single player we don't care what fans of your series want we're paying you do as we say")

[quote user="hobblejp"]

[quote user="reverse20"]

[/quote]

yeh just because they aren't the developer, doesn't mean they can't influence games alot if they want to (paging THQ and their "sod the multiplayer just make single player we don't care what fans of your series want we're paying you do as we say")

[/quote]if you say so.

EA is publishing a game that one of their companies EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment, (DICE for short), made.

EA wholly owns DICE.  

On point 1) this is what I have been saying all along and it doesnt take a genius to see that the "beta test" is not testing a full load with out vehicles and limited destruction. Even the developer said recently that vehicles are many times more computation intensive than an infantry soldier. Why are we not testing the load of vehicles onthe servers during this Beta? makes no sense. I want the game to run good from day 1.

If they decide to make another BF game. I hope they do away with a "Single Player Campaign" and stick with multiplayer.

The Series never really needed a story........

They could probably get away with pure MP and then selling a decent campaign as DLC.  

[quote user="A Proud *** Man"]

If they decide to make another BF game. I hope they do away with a "Single Player Campaign" and stick with multiplayer.

The Series never really needed a story........

[/quote]

I've enjoyed the campaigns so far.  However, if changes were to be implemented, I'd prefer co-op campaign from start to finish.