I don't know how anyone....

...can say this game takes any sort of skill or that one can be "good" at it. Every game I play, every video I watch reinforces that this CoD relies only on two things - having a bad connection so you get lag comp in your favor, and MASSIVE, MASSIVE amounts of luck. Which is kind of funny; TA spent so much time trying to give competitive players more stuff and make this the most competitive CoD yet.........and yet somehow have created the least competitive CoD yet. I don't see how this game could ever be used at any sort of MLG/Gamebattles event without MASSIVE amounts of restrictions, rules and constant review of videos and kills.

-

Every thing in this game feels random or up to luck. Its like every time you do something, you insert a little number into one of those Bingo Roller things with 100 other outcomes in it, 97 of which end up with you screwed for one reason or another (and two neutral options). Will the SMR be a 2 or 4 shot kill this time? Will the enemy spawn near their base by C Flag......or right behind you to shoot you in the back?  Will FMJ actually allow you to get a kill through that wall in time - or will it still take dozens of shots?

-

Will your knife just miss teleport right by? How much will my enemy be able to miss me by and still get the kill? Did that Sniper actually hit me, or did he have Wanted Bullets due to aim assist? Didn't TA explicitly state before the game released that snipers would have severely reduced aim assist and that they were limiting quickscoping in BO2? So how did we wind up with a TA game that has both of those things worse than any IW CoD?

-

And the Quit Probation is just the hilarious icing on the cake. Instead of actually trying to deal the sickness (Terrible, Unfair and Uncontrollable deaths and gameplay), TA just tried to get rid of the symptoms (Quitting). They're basically punishing people for not putting up with BS - and its doubly hilarious since leaving a game doesn't matter in CoD because they all have Join In Progress. 

-

Of course TA and Activision won't do anything to solve the issues either - that would take work and them admitting that they made a mistake. And they most certainly won't spring for dedicated servers (even though it would solve quite a few problems, and they'd still make money hand over fist).

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Core gameplay NOR the current League Play rule sets are "competetive" AND I agree with the competetive aspect of dedicated servers needed for LP. Core is for fun, nothing more, nothing less. Lag stinks and is very rage inducing, but when you do have a great connection, COD is so fun. Flip the coin and join a game.

CoD hasn't taken skill since cod2, anyone who says otherwise is a fool. CoD isn't meant to be a skill based game, it's meant to be frenetic experience in game & an addictive experience in out of game (pick 10, prestige, callsigns, etc).

-

I'm at the point now where as long as you're not cheating/hacking/modding/boosting & you're playing the objective, I don't care what's going on. But, CoD is what it is now, don't expect too much -- play if it's fun, quit if it's not. It's really that simple.

^^Good points.

Its all down to connection.

I think its funny all these rushers get this superiority complex and act so indignant when somebody played smart and waited for them to run by to shoot them. Its called controlling the engagement, not just rushing until you bump into something around a corner; then lo and behold you won because they lagged.   That's not skill.

and obviously servers would be nice...  of course then again so would buying a full game without the need to shell out more dough for DLC content.

[quote user="Paragon Fury"]

And the Quit Probation is just the hilarious icing on the cake. Instead of actually trying to deal the sickness (Terrible, Unfair and Uncontrollable deaths and gameplay), TA just tried to get rid of the symptoms (Quitting). They're basically punishing people for not putting up with BS - and its doubly hilarious since leaving a game doesn't matter in CoD because they all have Join In Progress. 

[/quote]

This^^

Look,  Im all for punishing people for repeatedly dashing.  But punishing people for just backing out of a game that is lagging horribly or backing out to join a friends game is just plain stupid.  In a thread yesterday I mentioned that it happened to me twice one after the other for the exact reasons I stated above.  Its stupid and definitely needs to be addressed.

"Happy Drinking"

I found a new favorite pic to spam. Let me show you.

ITT:

[View:http://i50.tinypic.com/ej7vhh.jpg]

[quote user="LOUISE CYPHRE"]

[quote user="Paragon Fury"]

[/quote]

This^^

Look,  Im all for punishing people for repeatedly dashing.  But punishing people for just backing out of a game that is lagging horribly or backing out to join a friends game is just plain stupid.  In a thread yesterday I mentioned that it happened to me twice one after the other for the exact reasons I stated above.  Its stupid and definitely needs to be addressed.

"Happy Drinking"

[/quote]Im sure you are not a frequent dasher as I have played in your parties numerous times. I would think the penalty would be for dashers and NOT people whom "back out" or quit through the in game screen, which would not disconnect everyone, dunno.

[quote user="Rehab Grimace"]

CoD hasn't taken skill since cod2, anyone who says otherwise is a fool. CoD isn't meant to be a skill based game, it's meant to be frenetic experience in game & an addictive experience in out of game (pick 10, prestige, callsigns, etc).

[/quote]

Id say since COD3. Just because it was the last game before all the silly bells and whistles were introduced to the series.

"Happy Drinking"

[quote user="UneasyJmitchell"]

Core gameplay NOR the current League Play rule sets are "competetive" AND I agree with the competetive aspect of dedicated servers needed for LP. Core is for fun, nothing more, nothing less. Lag stinks and is very rage inducing, but when you do have a great connection, COD is so fun. Flip the coin and join a game.

[/quote]

Wait....you are saying that League Play has dedicated servers? Core is for fun? Sure maybe if Activision would let Treyarch get rid of the dumb as *** called Lag compensation then maybe it will be fun, but until then it is not.

[quote user="M3gaToxic"]

[quote user="UneasyJmitchell"]

[/quote]

Wait....you are saying that League Play has dedicated servers? Core is for fun? Sure maybe if Activision would let Treyarch get rid of the dumb as *** called Lag compensation then maybe it will be fun, but until then it is not.

[/quote]I said," dedicated servers are needed for LP" (to actually be competetive) and Core modes IS for fun. If you dont have fun, dont play, easy fix really.