I demand a refund or compensation (War Games Map Pass)

"I didn't purchase the War Games map pass just to find out that this pitiful excuse for a developer, 343i, -Yoinked!- up and made it to where everyone is able to get the first map pack free. I want one of two things to happen:

1. Players that received free DLC have it revoked (which I'm assuming is going to happen)
2. I receive 667 MSP in my account for compensation.

What's it going to be 343?"
This was my post on the Halo Waypoint forums. I was told it was Microsofts fault. So here I am, demanding a refund or compensation.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

this is completely unprofessional of microsoft to say the DLC is on them since it was their glitch, when people pay for that stuff minutes before

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Agreed. First the screw up with the content being delayed, THEN it goes free to everyone? Not acceptable. It was either a lame PR stunt to draw more attention to their waning Halo cash cow or it's just unacceptable business practice. Either way I'd like a statement and compensation for the money I spent!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey everyone! There were some initial complications with the distribution of the “14 day, Buy and Play” reward tokens, and so we decided to provide the additional reward of complimentary access to the Crimson Map Pack, for a limited time, as a “thank you” to our customers that contributed to the success of the Halo 4 launch. Those of you that own the Halo 4 Map Pass via standalone purchase or the Limited Edition will not be impacted and will continue to have access to the content after the complimentary access period ends on Tuesday, December 18 at 9am UTC/GMT.

Sorry this didn't help.

It was a glitch in the part of Microsoft because i contacted them and they told me so, but now they are using it as an excuse to giving it for free because of the "14 Day, Buy and Play".... wow....

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote]Hey everyone! There were some initial complications with the distribution of the “14 day, Buy and Play” reward tokens, and so we decided to provide the additional reward of complimentary access to the Crimson Map Pack, for a limited time, as a “thank you” to our customers that contributed to the success of the Halo 4 launch. Those of you that own the Halo 4 Map Pass via standalone purchase or the Limited Edition will not be impacted and will continue to have access to the content after the complimentary access period ends on Tuesday, December 18 at 9am UTC/GMT.[/quote]

This is a lie, they're trying to cover up for themselves. How they'll fix the issue on the 18th I'm not sure, but many people who played within the first 14 days still have yet to receive their spec codes as promised, so what makes you think those same people would get maps from the same promotion?

Sorry this didn't help.

if you read correctly

this only affects people who played before the 20th of novemeber

people who downloaded the content without warpass or the 800 ms points will have their licenses revoked on the 18th its a trial

as a LE or warpass member you do not lose value as you have access to the content as long as your account isn't baned

Sorry this didn't help.