I can't remove this payment option.

There is a payment option on my account that i am trying to get off but it wont let me even though it owes microsoft nothing. It says, " An outstanding balance exists on this payment instrument. Please try again later." What is the problem and what can i do to fix it???

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 21 Applies to:

Are you getting the msg suspended for payment option? If so you must replace the payment method then call xbox support to turn off autorenewal when the account turn silver then you can remove it

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

forums.xbox.com/.../5124.aspx

How can I view and manage my billing options?

https://billing.microsoft.com is a key website to keep in-mind when you wish to review your account's billing and purchase history information. You can check your Microsoft points and all the subscription plans which you have had redeemed on your account, including the current one which is active. If you have any account trouble regarding your card details and payment information you can update those details through this website.

For example: If you realize your credit card has expired then you will have to update your payment information, otherwise the xbox LIVE service will detect this and may issue you with a suspension when the system detects an invalid payment option. When you add the new card to that website you also have an option there to transfer the xbox LIVE subscription to your new payment method and this will ensure that you do not receive a suspension.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.