I can't play on xboxlive on Call of Duty World at War

I was in a nazi zombie lobby for Der Riese and when the game had started the host had all of a sudden left the game. After that my rank was reset to level 1 (it was 1st prestige lvl 65 before) and now I cannot join any lobby what so ever for zombies or even multiplayer on this game. I still have all my guns and other things but I am not able to join an xbox live lobby and also my custom class 6 has gone away as well. I looked on my EXP for my rank and it had said like -2345677918.... Help please?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 659 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

For starters you can't name & shame on here, they're not in a position to defend themselves and you could be telling porkies for all we know.

Moving on you're stuffed basically. You can start a new GT and play as normal on that but playing on your current GT is dead end. If you ever end up in a dodgy lobby again or suspect you're in one (and I see you play MW2 so you'll want to know this) dashboard immediately or switch off your console. In the meantime file complaints against the modders and set them to avoid so you don't run into them again.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Did you only change the name of your tag?, that is why it has not changed anything. Who suggested that would work to you?.

You have to create a whole new account from scratch.

Sorry this didn't help.

Okay I changed my gamertag but it still won't let me play online COD:WAW. I can play online on other games like halo and all. But one of my fave things is the nazi zombies on waw. Help????

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm pretty sure they were modders in that lobby as well

Sorry this didn't help.

Achievements are non transferable but year memberships can under certain circumstances. While I'm here I'll also point out the threat of going over to the PS3 is an empty one, modding in the COD games is every bit as bad and as proven several times last month accounts are protected by a large block of finest Swiss cheese.

Sorry this didn't help.

Apologies KSwissBeatz but this thread is well over a year old. Could you create a new thread and describe your issue? Thanks!

Xbox Ambassador | Xbox Forum Moderator | Xbox MVP

Sorry this didn't help.

If it is a newly created gamertag/account and has a gold membership there is no reason it would not play.

What error message do you get exactly when you cant play on your new account.

Sorry this didn't help.

It's not a message it's just unavailable. When I go into the Xbl lobby to choose which lobby I want (multiplayer, nazi zombies) The text is like grey so I can't "select" it and go into that lobby. It won't let me go into like xbl zombies. I can't press anything. And well I guess I wasted 10$ for 800 microsoft points to get me nowhere..

Sorry this didn't help.

Here's the answer, as sad as it is.

I called Xbox live and went through deleting my profile and then recovering it while on the phone with support.  After the gamertag was recovered the problem still existed and they told me that there was nothing that they could do, and gave me the number for Activision's customer support.

When I called Activision and finally got a hold of a live person on the phone I told them the problem.

They told me that someone who was playing with my kids had hacked the game by connecting to an outside server.  I told him that my kids were 9 and 10 (I don't play the game) and there is no way that they have the skills to hack anything.  He noted that in my request, took down my gamertag and then told me that they are in the process of trying to come up with a fix for the issue with the Xbox live developers.

I flat out asked the guy if this was ever going to happen, knowing that this is an older game and they probably don't want to waste time creating patches for old games.  The dude wouldn't give me an answer other than a poorly worded (or poorly read) canned response.

In the end, there is no fix once you get banished and there probably won't ever be because they are not going to waste development time on an older game.  Sad but true...

The unfortunate part is legitimate, non-hacking users get stuck in the hacking morass, even when they don't have anything to do with the offending behavior.

Tomorrow I will be trading in WAW and a bunch of other games for Block Ops.

Sorry this didn't help.

mine says the same thing

Sorry this didn't help.