I cant play my MW3 disc!

i was playing MW3, and i accidently bumped my console while it was reading the disc. i realized the disc had gotten scrathed, but it didnt seem to bad. ( i had the same problem with COD black ops, but it still atleast let me load it) whenever i started launching MW3, it started loading just fine. after a couple of moments of the game loading, it says, "cannot read disc." i cleaned the disc several times and tried loading it, but the same air message kept appearing. i started exploring for help on the xbox support page, and i find that i can install it to my hard drive and play it. when i tried it, it only got about %13 installed until another air message appeared, telling me that it cannot install because the disc is scrathed. HELP!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

If the disc is severely scratched to the point that data cannot be read correctly from the disc by the drive itself then the disc may need to be replaced. If it's only getting to approximately 13% when attempting to install to the Hard Drive repeatedly and consistently then it's an issue that can't be rectified by cleaning the disc or installing.

Are you able to play other games just fine? Have you tried installing the game again or do you still receive the same message after doing so?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If you install a friends game to you hard drive as long as your xbox can read your disk and pickup up that's it's a modernwarfare 3 disk, it should play off your hard drive with ease.

Sorry this didn't help.

i searched through the xbox game replacent page on this site, but it doesnt support replacing MW3 or any COD games in general. and none of my friends own a copy of MW3 themselves. the only reason i can think is to rent it for a short while from a game store installing that disc, but that could be a little pricy. and yes, my xbox does comfirm that is a MW3 disc while its in the disc drive. any other ways i can get it installed? and yes, my xbox disc drive itself isn't broken because i can play other games such as Skyrim and Gears of War 3 just fine.

Sorry this didn't help.